Home

Do rosters affect penalties being called?

This is a discussion on Do rosters affect penalties being called? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 02-26-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Do rosters affect penalties being called?

So I started BeAGM with the latest roster update, played 2 games and had multiple penalties called against the AI. Had 3 penalties called against the AI by the middle of the game.

I stared another BeAGM with the November roster, played 3 games and had a total of 1 penalty called against the AI.

I thought this was strange so I went back to my old save (the one with the latest roster) and played the next game just to see if the previous two games were just an anomaly, but then I had a penalty called within 5 minutes of starting the game.

My question is, is there something in the player attributes that was changes in the roster updates that makes them commit more penalties or is it just my imagination. BTW, I have the latest patch and the latest tuner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2016, 12:30 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Do rosters affect penalties being called?

I'm using the latest trade deadline rosters and I'm lucky if I see one penalty called a game. I don't even feel like playing because of this reason.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't think so.. I'm using an older roster and have games with 2 penalties and then a game where I had 14 total.

I'm about middle of the road on the PP and in the lower half on the PK. (for totals) It's better than last year.. maybe a bit low but definitely improved (make sure ALL penalty sliders are maxed out - there are 3 of them).
Old 03-10-2016, 05:48 PM   #4
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Given your sample size of 5 total games I'd just chalk the difference up to random chance.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #5
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Ive used several different rosters and don't think they effect penalties. EA makes me scratch my head at times but I don't think they slip game play adjustments into rosters. They add graphical improvements in there but the gameplay tuners are what impacts penalties. That said penalties have been a conundrum for years in this series. Some people get then some don't....I've had years where I couldn't get them and then this year I'm getting a perfect amount. There have been many suggestions, arguments, and theories on penalties but I'm now of the belief that it's a mix of everything. Gameplay tuners, individual gamer gameplay style, and finding sliders that work with the current tuner and your style of play. It can be a lesson in frustration for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »