Home

Old 03-09-2016, 08:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Development Issues

Hi!

So I've been wondering how come no one has addressed this issue... it seems like everyone playing BaGM is just fine with the potentials and player development.

So, I'll give an example of the issue...

Erik Gudbranson started the season with Low Top 4 D potential. He finished the season with 6 goals and 35 assists, having a +30 rating as well. That's quite good for a defensive minded d-man. After the offseason his potential had dropped down to Low Top 6 D potential and his overall rating was 85... however, his actual rating is 83-84, without the morale change. Which is exactly what it was when he started the season.

Now keep in mind that both offensively and defensively this was not only his career season, but a huge jump from his previous season stats. How is that not player development?

That's just one of the players in my roster that had issues. On a side note Dave Bolland had a 17+14 on the 4th line, his potential remained top 6f, but he remained 80 overall.

Atop of that some of my most awesome prospects, Trocheck and Smith didn't develop at all, despite of having 30+ rating and both netting approximately 50 points.

How is this issue not spoken of more often? It's not really fun to play BaGM, when your hard work (playing most games manually to help the development) is paid off by poor, very, very poor coding in EA's end. How does the game not realize what's development?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Player Development Issues

Gudbranson is not a rookie. He's pretty much what he's going to be. I for one am glad that stats don't cause players to shoot up later in a career.

Check out My Edmonton Oilers Dynasty
Old 03-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
Gudbranson is not a rookie. He's pretty much what he's going to be. I for one am glad that stats don't cause players to shoot up later in a career.

He's 23 years old, at the start of the season. Do you think his overall should be locked at that age?

In my opinion it's just unrealistic and plain out stupid that players can't develop. It takes all the fun out of BaGM and makes no sense overall...

They should look at Fifa or Madden where a player can develop despite of their age, by performing well.

It makes me so frustrated when player performance does not have any effect in their development. I once started a season where Gudbranson had Elite potential and he developed up to 87 with only 1 goal and 5 assists that season. This time around he started with lower potential and had vastly better stats only to see him not develop at all.

Last edited by NinthFall; 03-09-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #4
Pro

At an overall of 85 he's in the top end of players as it is. I like Gudbranson as a player and think he deserves a good rating.

That being said a 6 goal 30 assist season should shoot him to what rating? 88? 92? What happens if he hits 10 goals the next season? Now he's a 95?

It's not that I understand you frustrated with your player but think of the big picture, if every player that doesn't have a bad sesson shoots up the ratings, what is the point of it.

Now if your player was a 19 year old rookie rated 72 overall and they play well and have good stats and log lots of minutes, sure they should shoot up to a rating similar to other quality starting players.

Madden has been horrible for allowing every player who doesn't stink to shoot to 95+....this year they tuned it back to a more realistic growth chart and it kept the variances in the league. IMo these games play better with a large variety of player ratings.

Old 03-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
At an overall of 85 he's in the top end of players as it is. I like Gudbranson as a player and think he deserves a good rating.

That being said a 6 goal 30 assist season should shoot him to what rating? 88? 92? What happens if he hits 10 goals the next season? Now he's a 95?

It's not that I understand you frustrated with your player but think of the big picture, if every player that doesn't have a bad sesson shoots up the ratings, what is the point of it.

Now if your player was a 19 year old rookie rated 72 overall and they play well and have good stats and log lots of minutes, sure they should shoot up to a rating similar to other quality starting players.

Madden has been horrible for allowing every player who doesn't stink to shoot to 95+....this year they tuned it back to a more realistic growth chart and it kept the variances in the league. IMo these games play better with a large variety of player ratings.

He's not 85, that's just the morale change. He's actual rating didn't upgrade... I'd be completely fine with players only developing by 1 overall a season, if they played well enough.

That's the issue, I want my players to develop, but it seems some of them are locked to their ratings no matter how well they do. For instance I had 17 goals with Logan Shaw one season, I was just testing if he would develop if he played well in the NHL, but he remained AHL potential and overall 77.

I don't like that players shoot up to incredible ratings after 1 season, but I like developing them slowly, realistically. Unfortunately some players seem to be locked... it makes me feel like they're waste of roster space and by now I already know which players will develop and which won't, so usually before the season starts I have to trade like half of my team, which I don't like at all because it's so unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »