Home

EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap!

This is a discussion on EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #17
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap!

I see a couple of guys with 0 overalls posting here. I thought I would help out and try to make this thread less cluttered. I'm not trying to be a jerk so don't take this as some attack.

He can't post anything super specific, especially game modes, features, in depth reviews.

He can answer non-specific yes or no questions.

What he can answer: "Do players play different than each other?" Standard answer "Yes there is a big difference"

What he can't answer: "Are head coaching contracts in Be-A-GM and how do they affect player progression?"

Ooohway can't answer game mode questions and can say very little except generic things like "this game is better." So if your question gets ignored, don't get mad. NDAs are nothing to mess around with. Just remember that when you ask him questions.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I see a couple of guys with 0 overalls posting here. I thought I would help out and try to make this thread less cluttered. I'm not trying to be a jerk so don't take this as some attack.

He can't post anything super specific, especially game modes, features, in depth reviews.

He can answer non-specific yes or no questions.

What he can answer: "Do players play different than each other?" Standard answer "Yes there is a big difference"

What he can't answer: "Are head coaching contracts in Be-A-GM and how do they affect player progression?"

Ooohway can't answer game mode questions and can say very little except generic things like "this game is better." So if your question gets ignored, don't get mad. NDAs are nothing to mess around with. Just remember that when you ask him questions.
Sorry, my post was just tongue-in-cheek and I think we are all just excited. Thanks for the info OP!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #19
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzoops
Sorry, my post was just tongue-in-cheek and I think we are all just excited. Thanks for the info OP!
No need to apologize, your post was good because a lot of people don't know how these things work and it made me felt like I should post a friendly reminder. Welcome to the OS NHL board!
Old 05-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #20
Rookie

First, thanks for your input and info.
Second, when you rate it 9/10 is that just based on gameplay or the whole package with modes and presentation? As far as beta goes that is.
If it's solely based on gameplay i'm thrilled.
One thing I missed in 15 was how easy to change formation at faceoff, any improvements in that area?

(English is not my first language btw, sorry for misspells.)
Old 05-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #21
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

How noticable were the goalie improvements? Did you notice a difference between the goalies?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzoops
Awesome info! I just have one very important question:

Everything
All
Sounds
Hella
Legit
?
Everything was hella legit indeed. As for your bolded message, Wait for EA to confirm (;
Old 05-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penaltybox4ever
First, thanks for your input and info.
Second, when you rate it 9/10 is that just based on gameplay or the whole package with modes and presentation? As far as beta goes that is.
If it's solely based on gameplay i'm thrilled.
One thing I missed in 15 was how easy to change formation at faceoff, any improvements in that area?

(English is not my first language btw, sorry for misspells.)

Your English is fine man. I rate the whole package that was included in the demo game I played at a 9/10. Modes and presentation. As for presentation solely on its own, I'd give that a 10/10. It looks way better than the current NHL 15 and in my opinion is the best it has ever been through all NHL games I've played. (And no, this does not mean that the game modes were an 8 to average out to a 9)
Not exactly sure what you mean about changing formations at faceoffs. The aggressive/normal/defensive set-ups still exist.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellspokenman
Thank you very much! Must admit I'm gonna have to see it for myself this year to believe it, but the GM mode info is greatly appreciated, as is all your info so far.

I respect that feature announcements are entirely EAs to share - the marketing guys would be pretty ticked off if that leaked early. I wonder though, if they commented at all on how they did things for '15 compared to how they are doing them this time around. Particularly interested in any lessons learned according to the devs or design leads. Can you recall anything like that?

(the obvious difference is the OS was there, and has presumably been permitted to share your OP. Curious if they hinted at an improvement to resources, budget, development approach, design objectives etc. I don't have any insight into their mindset beyond what the PR machine spits out.)
From my understanding, the programming and coding behind old gen and current gen is entirely different; thus NHL 15 was almost made from scratch if you will, while the next edition of the series will be using NHL 15 as a base and building on to it, if that makes sense.
I think the obvious lesson learned is to give the consumer what they want (aside from HUT that is lol). The outrage on forums (both OS and EA) back in August when EASHL and other modes were declared non-existent in NHL 15 was noted.
I have no information about any change in their resources or budget.
One design objective was to focus and implement a system for the casual player to pick up the game, learn the controls in a quick and entertaining way that would get them hooked to the franchise. Of course this doesn't apply to the GameChangers themselves or many of the guys on forums, since we're all diehard fans of the series, but changes to teach and have new players gradually improve to becoming elite are in the process.
Design objectives are essentially adding to the core of the game, building on the already stellar presentation, and implementing updates/changes to benefit the overall user experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
How noticable were the goalie improvements? Did you notice a difference between the goalies?
Seemed a lot more fluid. It is still May and there is plenty of time to adjust/tweak/tune the animations and logic behind goalies before the launch of the next installment. Personally, I did notice a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »