Home

EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap!

This is a discussion on EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap!

Did the skating seem more varied? Or are the true burners of the league still only a step faster than Radko Gudas?

Thanks for the info!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy
Your English is fine man. I rate the whole package that was included in the demo game I played at a 9/10. Modes and presentation. As for presentation solely on its own, I'd give that a 10/10. It looks way better than the current NHL 15 and in my opinion is the best it has ever been through all NHL games I've played. (And no, this does not mean that the game modes were an 8 to average out to a 9)
Not exactly sure what you mean about changing formations at faceoffs. The aggressive/normal/defensive set-ups still exist.
Thx for answering, sounds fine with menus, it wasnt a gamebreaker but I hated it alot.
Yeah I meant those setups, maybe Im just stupid but I thought it was easier to change it on the fly in previous games with L2+LS.
Did you notice any sharper gfx btw? More like 1080p? Which platform did you try it on, XB1 or PS4 or none or all?
Im a big fan of True Broadcast cam when playing offline but previous games have had dead bottom corners where the camera dont pan especially in offensive zone when forechecking, tried different cams? Sometimes it was a guessing game finding the opponent there...
Understand this are small things but dont know how big things you can tell, so I aim low :-)
Old 05-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #27
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

First off, thank you so much for updating us regarding the development of EA's NHL 16.

Sorry if I sound bitter or sour graping here, because I've been fooled and let down in the past. For me, its been 4 years since '12 and didnt buy 14 and 15 in 360 and ps4 respectively because of the past glaring issues that EA ignored.

Could you please let us know if this video posted by AJ113 here in OS, regarding player differentiation, EA is aware of it and will DEFINITELY address this issue in 16?

Here's the link of that post: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...entiation.html

This is one of the crucial points for me if I will again buy EA's NHL. This is the biggest let down for me in BaGM.

Also, EA's NHL playoff atmosphere and intensity fails tremendously as compared to the real NHL playoff atmosphere and intense play/defense. Is this also being addressed?

Again, sorry if I sound harsh, its nothing personal against you. I am very sure you are doing good except I highly doubt EA's sincerity in making this game on.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #28
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Thanks for all the info man. Im curious what game modes you regularly play so I kinda know what to base your rating on? Personally about 95% of my time on the game is eashl with gm connected out of the current versions.

I didnt bother with 15 for obvious reasons, wasnt going to support that game in any way. I still play 14 although Im getting to the point where there is just such better games out that arent as seemingly random as NHL. Playing the Beta for a game like Rocket League where you actually see physics that make sense really make the "physics" in EA a glaring weakness.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:47 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 9

Thanks OP, appreciate the effort.

I kinda hate myself for feeling optimistic again after this year's disappointment
Old 05-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #30
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

Thanks for all the info Oohwayy. What you've said so far at least has me intrigued about NHL 16.

Can you comment on whether or not the wavy jerseys are still in the game? And if so, have they at least been toned down?

Visually, that was the only thing that bothered me about NHL 15. It's way overdone and looks unrealistic.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #31
Rookie

Hello Oohwayy,

I have never posted on this forum before, but I've read it alot. When I saw your post I created an account just to ask question about the upcoming EA Sports icehockey "iteration"

What could you tell us about the AI in general in comparison to the AI on NHL 15 current gen? How would you rate it on scale 0-10, and just for reference how would you rate AI on current gen NHL 15 (we all know it sucks donkey balls, but like I said just for reference)

Cheers!

-Jayden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #32
Just started!

Im just wondering if theres atleast SOME of old gamemodes which were in NHL 14 but not in next gen version NHL 15? i mean like Shootout mode, Live The Life (instead of poor mans be a pro)? hopely you can say something about that. if you aren't allowed to say yes/no - atleast tell if there's more gamemodes than in NEXT gen NHL 15. second thing im asking - is there some kind of "sim to next shift" option in be a pro/life the life? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »