Home

EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap!

This is a discussion on EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap!

So I watched Yewy Bear's event recap video. And asked him if he could elaborate a little about what he asked for in BAGM. And he replied back to me with this (verbatim): "A lot of the ideas were based a lot on the direction they are going with BAGM, so unfortunately until they release more info I can't talk about it, I can't go into much. but we suggested things like All-Star Vote. trophy finalists, and stuff like coaches, staff and such."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #42
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
So I watched Yewy Bear's event recap video. And asked him if he could elaborate a little about what he asked for in BAGM. And he replied back to me with this (verbatim): "A lot of the ideas were based a lot on the direction they are going with BAGM, so unfortunately until they release more info I can't talk about it, I can't go into much. but we suggested things like All-Star Vote. trophy finalists, and stuff like coaches, staff and such."
In other words they dont have any plans in improving the obvious issues about their gameplay? Oh wait, they cannot tell you yet whats in store for us? Wait until you buy it and see that what we're clamoring for ages are still not implemented. Nice.

By the way, their suggestions about AS vote, trophy finalists, etc are good addition. But will fail in regarding to the importance vs gameplay, differentiations etc.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:15 AM   #43
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy
One design objective was to focus and implement a system for the casual player to pick up the game, learn the controls in a quick and entertaining way that would get them hooked to the franchise. Of course this doesn't apply to the GameChangers themselves or many of the guys on forums, since we're all diehard fans of the series, but changes to teach and have new players gradually improve to becoming elite are in the process.
Design objectives are essentially adding to the core of the game, building on the already stellar presentation, and implementing updates/changes to benefit the overall user experience.
I wanted to jump on this, since no one seemed to. Does this mean they're trying to turn casuals into players who play a more sim style of hockey, and eliminate the NHL Hitz feel the game sometimes has? Because, honestly, that would be a huge thing to me, and I'm sure others.

Obviously, only answer this if you can. Just curious about that part of your post.

Last edited by statnut; 05-08-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:42 AM   #44
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Hello OS.

This past week, the group of people introduced as the "EASHL Committee" and now known as "EA GameChangers" attended the EA studio in Burnaby, British Columbia for the second meeting.

While the first meeting held in January was discussions, debates and conferences with various members of the development team, the second one was more play-testing and giving direct feedback.

Legally, the required thing for us to say is "We attended the EA studio in which we play-tested a possible future iteration of EA Sports NHL and its game modes." - use your intuition and you should probably be able to decipher it.

EA Sports themselves will be making an announcement about this new iteration to the franchise sometime this month.

We arrived Wednesday April 29th and departed Friday night May 1st or Saturday during the day May 2nd. The event started on Thursday and we spent a portion of the first day re-meeting with the software engineers, computer design and other members of the development team in which they showed us what they had accomplished from the time we left last meeting to now. Many things that we advised and suggested to them were addressed.
We then spent approximately the next nine hours playing in a room with twelve xbox one development kits, two projectors and a whiteboard full of feedback that we gave them.
A picture of the set-up can be viewed here : http://gyazo.com/6b3ac6da771f6126af4eb0cb6f4a50b8

The second day we came back we started in the morning and played for another seven or eight hours before saying our goodbyes and leaving.

At this point in time, the game we played was an alpha/beta version of what may come in the future. For the most part, all of the core features they have planned have been implemented and work properly. There are some things which still need to be fixed, tuned and perfected.

If everything that they said will be done in the next few month actually gets done, then I will be very excited for the next installment of the EA franchise. I'd rate the beta game I played at a 9/10. For reference, I'd give the current NHL 15 game a generous 6.5/10

I can try to answer questions to the best of my ability.

-Oohwayy

Edit: I'm no longer on twitter anymore. The account " @TheJonnyOohwayy " is not me. Please do not trust that as a legitimate source. My only access to twitter is via @YouTubeOohwayy in which I only view tweets and don't actually tweet anymore myself.
Oohwayy ! hooray ! Hey thanks again for representing OS and at only 17 or any age you have done a very nice job
You seem wise beyond your years so dont let the sometimes miss guided negative jump on the crowd bandwagon stuff get to you as a few let their passion get the best of them as its just a game after all and I think a pretty good one at that .
Well Im really excited about possibly more in depth presentation and hopefully some more real faces so thanks again and keep the info coming .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 05-08-2015 at 03:44 AM. Reason: add on
Old 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #45
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

I say I'm excited, because from reading a little bit it seems like things are moving in a good sim direction. Plus different skaters skating differently, stats meaning something and playing not automatically going offsides. To me that's something to be happy about. I enjoy nhl 15. I haven't played since The Blues lost, because of the pain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #46
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Re-upping about adding someone to the skype chat and especially if there are any examples of stuff from OS being specifically brought to the devs?

Also, you probably can't answer most of these, but:

1. Goalies
Talk to me! I saw your post where they seemed more fluid, I'd love if you could give any more info—even the slightest little bit on goalies.

2. Were game modes given equal attention? I know a lot of you guys specialize in EASHL, but I wonder how EA has allocated their time/resources. No need to answer this one.

3. Do you expect this version of the game (no info required) to be the one they continue with? Putting yourself in the shoes of casual players, would you buy the game as it was?

Thanks again. I appreciate the time you take to post and answer here. Any answer and I'll re-up the info packet in 3 days.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #47
Just started!

Quote:
Of course this doesn't apply to the GameChangers themselves or many of the guys on forums, since we're all diehard fans of the series, but changes to teach and have new players gradually improve to becoming elite are in the process.
Design objectives are essentially adding to the core of the game, building on the already stellar presentation, and implementing updates/changes to benefit the overall user experience.

Could you elaborate a bit more on this? Are these "changes to teach" regarding an enhancement to the practice modes of NHL? Has there been any indication that the training and practice mode will be adressed and enhanced in the coming years? (Like madden with their new gauntlet mode)
Old 05-11-2015, 07:04 AM   #48
Rookie

I'm sure it is tough to speak while under the NDA for some of you guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »