Home

EA SPORTS

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
EA SPORTS

Is EA SPORTS the only company that can make a NHL video game? I remember there used to be another NHL video game, i think it was NHL 2k?

The reason I ask is because every year, in my opinion, EA made NHL better and better. Without fail, every time I went and bought the newest version of NHL and played it, I said "this is so much better than last year".

Then NHL 15 came out. This is without a doubt the worst NHL game in the last 8 years at least. I was just wondering if anyone thinks another NHL game will be created by a different company?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: EA SPORTS

You are playing the game on next gen so I can see why you are not happy with modes and options not in the game. I am playing last gen PS3 and am fairly happy with the game. I think it looks and plays better than any previous edition. 13 and 14 are fairly close but I think 15 is their best effort to date. Of course there is room for improvement but overall I like it a lot.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

EA does not have the exclusive rights to make console NHL games like they do with console NFL games.

Any company can make an NHL game for any system that they wish to.

NHL 2K15, made by Visual Concepts' Chinese studio, came out on Android/iOS a few weeks ago:

But I wouldn't count on that leading to a new console NHL 2K game, since it just looks like a modified version of their old NHL 2K11 Nintendo Wii engine.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-16-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

the biggest problem is even if EA Sports doesnt own exclusive rights, is there just isnt enough fans that will play the series, probably why 2k quit making the nhl series, they just werent making money with it and it would be the same way, which is also why ea sports has a super small group developing the nhl series.

If you think about it, Madden, Fifa is so popular is because Americans/ Europeans/etc enjoy those games more, Soccer is the most popular sport in the world which is why Fifa is so damn popular and probably by far the largest in terms of development team. Madden I bet is most popular in the States and with US having such a large population, you can see why it sells better.

Last edited by Syce; 11-16-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wayne Gretzky had beef. You think 99 went yard on the Janet Jones because she was message board greifing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 12:50 AM   #6
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

The first year of Madden on ps3 was bare bones.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:12 AM   #7
Rookie

All games of EA Sports are best to play. Specially I like cricket games and I play daily. It is an interesting game.

http://www.ptvsports.pk/
Old 12-19-2014, 04:46 AM   #8

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Oh god the spambots are getting smarter they figured out how to put links in words, Skynet is happening.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »