Home

NHL 16 Revamped - Community Input

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Revamped - Community Input within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #17
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16 Revamped - Community Input

I see Johansen as a great offensive player, but even if he's not bad defensively, I think he can still improve this aspect of his game. I believe that the 87-88 range is the right place for him among the revamped ratings right now.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 05-17-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
I see Johansen as a great offensive player, but even if he's not bad defensively, I think he can still improve this aspect of his game. I believe that the 87-88 range is the right place for him among the revamped ratings right now.
yeah he's better then 87-88, he's at that point already and had his best career year. He'll be a 90 guy pretty easy next year especially when he will only get better from here on out.

i think he's right along with that second tier of Cs in the league with Getzlaf, Giroux and Toews. i dont know if he will ever join the Crosby, Tavares, Malkin, Stamkos group but he's still only 22 years old right now
Old 05-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #19
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 015
yeah he's better then 87-88, he's at that point already and had his best career year. He'll be a 90 guy pretty easy next year especially when he will only get better from here on out.

i think he's right along with that second tier of Cs in the league with Getzlaf, Giroux and Toews. i dont know if he will ever join the Crosby, Tavares, Malkin, Stamkos group but he's still only 22 years old right now
We are talking about ravamped ratings here, I have no doubt he will get a 90 in EA's default ratings, it's like every good player gets a 90 in their ratings these days lol. Probably to please fan boys from every team out there you know...
Old 05-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
We are talking about ravamped ratings here, I have no doubt he will get a 90 in EA's default ratings, it's like every good player gets a 90 in their ratings these days lol. Probably to please fan boys from every team out there you know...
And he would still get a revamped 90. He's earned it. Nota my 22 year Olds or younger putting up the season he has the last 2 years, he'll he's even looked better then Seguin did when he was 21/22. If CBJ actually keeps players healthy next year, with Bork strand coming up I don't think anyone should be surprised to be or close to a PPGer
Old 05-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #21
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

To Kovalev, or I guess I should say O15 now:

Claude Giroux is not a sniper, he is a playmaker. He shoots out of frustration when the rest of his team sucks. He was a playmaker his first year in juniors, and he's still a playmaker now.

Giroux and Johansen both play a very significant role in their team's penalty kill. Giroux has put up a higher points per game than Johansen in each of the past 3 years.

I think Johansen is an awesome player. I remember the rumors around here that the Flyers were trying to get him and I was pumped. However, I don't think he's quite on the level as everyone I have rated higher than him yet.

And by the way, shooting percentage is an awful stat to go by I think. Alex Tanguay led the league in shooting percentage. Even Chris Neil had a 17.4 shooting percentage. Stamkos and Ovechkin are the best shooters in the world and they aren't very close to the top. Many shots are taken not to score, but to either get a rebound or simply to make the opposing goalie work a bit.

Last edited by Simple Mathematics; 05-17-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #22
Banned

Giroux was also more experienced and had better playmaker over the last 3 years, therefore I'll stick with this year where Johansen was the better plater and more over efficient in terms of not needing almost 300 shots to get 26 goals. Thats not close to being a playmaker this year. Comparing their first 4 years since Johansen has only been in the league for 2nd-4th years would be a better indication (excluding their rookie year since Guroux only played 2 games)

In their 2nd-4th years Giroux put up 152 points in 206 games
In their 2nd-4th years Johanan put up 146 points in 212 games

Fairly equal players.

I think Johansen is going to pass Giroux and Getzlaf pretty easy next year, it wonr be difficult for him, more over talent and he's going finally get the level of help the others have .

But I get your bias that no one can pass giroux, it's a fear of him being seen as sliding down the list of top Cs in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
To Kovalev, or I guess I should say O15 now:

Claude Giroux is not a sniper, he is a playmaker. He shoots out of frustration when the rest of his team sucks. He was a playmaker his first year in juniors, and he's still a playmaker now.

Giroux and Johansen both play a very significant role in their team's penalty kill. Giroux has put up a higher points per game than Johansen in each of the past 3 years.

I think Johansen is an awesome player. I remember the rumors around here that the Flyers were trying to get him and I was pumped. However, I don't think he's quite on the level as everyone I have rated higher than him yet.

And by the way, shooting percentage is an awful stat to go by I think. Alex Tanguay led the league in shooting percentage. Even Chris Neil had a 17.4 shooting percentage. Stamkos and Ovechkin are the best shooters in the world and they aren't very close to the top. Many shots are taken not to score, but to either get a rebound or simply to make the opposing goalie work a bit.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:45 PM   #23
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 015
Giroux was also more experienced and had better playmaker over the last 3 years, therefore I'll stick with this year where Johansen was the better plater and more over efficient in terms of not needing almost 300 shots to get 26 goals. Thats not close to being a playmaker this year. Comparing their first 4 years since Johansen has only been in the league for 2nd-4th years would be a better indication (excluding their rookie year since Guroux only played 2 games)

In their 2nd-4th years Giroux put up 152 points in 206 games
In their 2nd-4th years Johanan put up 146 points in 212 games

Fairly equal players.

I think Johansen is going to pass Giroux and Getzlaf pretty easy next year, it wonr be difficult for him, more over talent and he's going finally get the level of help the others have .

But I get your bias that no one can pass giroux, it's a fear of him being seen as sliding down the list of top Cs in the league.
This is getting funny. You're a Columbus fan boy, right?
Old 05-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
This is getting funny. You're a Columbus fan boy, right?
Explain where I'm wrong exactly instead of being a troll. Johansen was the highest scoring 21 year old in the league last year and he had an even better season, is he going to just fall off the face of the earth as a 23 year old or something? Nothing fan boy about it, your just clearly upset Montreal doesn't have a player of Johansen caliber and he's in columbus. On ignore you go troll.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »