Home

NHL 16 Features Scheduled to be Revealed on May 19th

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Features Scheduled to be Revealed on May 19th within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2015, 10:47 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Features Scheduled to be Revealed on May 19th

Features wont mean much when it'll be revealed
Old 05-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #34
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

Defensive upgrades. Goalie improvement. These HAVE to be a part of the feature reveal, or I'm going to suspect they haven't done much to improve either for NHL 16. And that will GREATLY damper my enthusiasm for the game, which isn't that high to begin with.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:48 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

From a gameplay standpoint, these are my primary three areas that need improvement..

1. GOALIES- We need a complete overhaul to goalie play. This includes all new animations and goalies that play like their real life counterparts. (I am REALLY hoping that they overhauled goalies this year)

2. PLAYER DIFFERENTIATION- This is mentioned time and time (and time) again. But the NHL series really suffers from every player looking/feeling the same on the ice. One of the posters above nailed it, we need a true player differentiation system like NBA 2K has. We need players to look, skate and perform how they would in real life.

Right now I cannot tell the difference from any player on the ice (at any position) other then speed and shot power. The NHL team needs to step up here in a BIG WAY..

3. Defense (Skill Stick?)- Year after year in this series we have seen a constant emphasis on adding tools for the offense. It is time that this series puts a heavy emphasis on the defense. As the game is currently programmed, the most effective way to play defense is to skate around as fast as you can and try to decapitate people. This is not even remotely close to how hockey is truly played. Most games have 1-2 big hits (Max) and a majority of them are along the boards.

We need defensive tools to help counter the offense in this game. We should have some sort of defensive skill stick, that allows us to do more then just a basic poke check or lift stick (Both are significantly nerfed) and the game needs some kind of jostling system implemented, similar to what FIFA has in their game.

EDITE- AI is an area that needs significant improvement as well. However, that has been discussed in detail many times in various threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 04:38 PM   #36
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Player separation should be a huge focus this year. It's hard to really "fear" Crosby because I can make Daniel Sedin feel like Sidney Crosby.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #37
Pro

Pfff. You mustn't be very good at this game. I can make Tanner Glass feel like Sidney Crosby!
Old 05-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #38
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan3026
I'm sure it will be an underwhelming list of things we've already seen before. Revolutionary EASHL! Complete with draft DURING launch! Be A Pro where you can sim forward! Edit player! Zamboni races! NHL 94 mode! And a personal apology from Sean Ram Jag Singh for the crappy quality of last year's game!
I am not expecting an apology from that guy. EA never admits to any mistakes they have committed and that will not change now.

I am so skeptic about NHL 16. Bring back the modes and team/player differentiation, sliders that WORK, more realism and much much improvement in BaGM:
- drafting
- scouting
- FA signings
- playoff atmosphere (not just the decal of playoff or towel waving, but the intensity of the game) Create-a-Team - especially if you want to transfer a franchise to another town, team logo's (for goodness sake the logo's in 13 are so OLD)

Last edited by canucksss; 05-16-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 10
I'd like face scans for all the players in the NHL at least. Every other sports game has it. Improved AI, specifically in the neutral zone. No more up and down all game long. Some variety in goals. The cross crease one-timer was way OP an all modes. Couple additions to GM mode. Lastly, stars playing like stars. Grinders grinding. And teams playing more specific to their real life systems.....
Old 05-16-2015, 10:33 PM   #40
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Anyone watched the NYR vs Tampa? That's the playoff games for you EA....I expect no less. If you cant give it, then change your logo...if its in the game its not in EA!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »