Home

Eichel in Be A GM draft - possible workaround

This is a discussion on Eichel in Be A GM draft - possible workaround within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Eichel in Be A GM draft - possible workaround

I tested this out and it worked when I simmed a full season, so I'm sure it will fall apart when I actually play out my GM mode.

1) Create Jack Eichel and put him on the NHL team that you'll be using for Be A GM. I had to make him a year older or the game wouldn't let me put him in the NHL. Set his contract for 4 years at $1.25M per year.
2) Apparently CAPs can ignore the age restrictions for the AHL, so Eichel can go to the minors for the entire season. He'll progress a little, so he might end up being noticably better than McDavid by draft day; I'll probably lower his ratings a bit to keep him in line.
3) On draft day, let McDavid get drafted #1. Offer Eichel to the CPU for the #2 pick. He should be good enough to have the CPU GM jump on that trade. Then burn the pick by taking some garbage WHL grinder.

If it all works out, Eichel will be with the team that had the #2 pick with a 3-year entry level-type contract.

I'm going to do the same thing with Noah Hanifin and the #3 pick and I fully expect to have some unforeseen consequences that will break my Be A GM mode after I put a few months of real life into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Eichel in Be A GM draft - possible workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZgroundhog
I tested this out and it worked when I simmed a full season, so I'm sure it will fall apart when I actually play out my GM mode.

1) Create Jack Eichel and put him on the NHL team that you'll be using for Be A GM. I had to make him a year older or the game wouldn't let me put him in the NHL. Set his contract for 4 years at $1.25M per year.
2) Apparently CAPs can ignore the age restrictions for the AHL, so Eichel can go to the minors for the entire season. He'll progress a little, so he might end up being noticably better than McDavid by draft day; I'll probably lower his ratings a bit to keep him in line.
3) On draft day, let McDavid get drafted #1. Offer Eichel to the CPU for the #2 pick. He should be good enough to have the CPU GM jump on that trade. Then burn the pick by taking some garbage WHL grinder.

If it all works out, Eichel will be with the team that had the #2 pick with a 3-year entry level-type contract.

I'm going to do the same thing with Noah Hanifin and the #3 pick and I fully expect to have some unforeseen consequences that will break my Be A GM mode after I put a few months of real life into it.
Good idea. I will be doing this.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

there is a video on youtube that shows how to make a player draft eligible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HXMz-YN5HM
Old 10-27-2014, 12:24 AM   #4
Rookie

I don't think that will work in '15...as far as I know he has to be assigned to a team during creation so he'll never be in the draft.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:54 AM   #5
Rookie

if u do as directed in the video it works, ive done it with eichel in my nhl 15... if u watch the video after u create him u have to assign him to a junior team, then go in and edit his age and stuff... like i said if u follow the video it works
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie

cowellj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtroom
if u do as directed in the video it works, ive done it with eichel in my nhl 15... if u watch the video after u create him u have to assign him to a junior team, then go in and edit his age and stuff... like i said if u follow the video it works
In case anyone is confused, the youtube video tut DOES NOT work '15 for PS4.
The OP should, in theory, work for '15 & PS4
Old 10-28-2014, 04:16 AM   #7
Rookie

Has anyone figured out how to draft created players on PS4? I like the OP regarding the trade for 2nd overall but I wanted to create other draft eligible players..
Old 10-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

Does he not get drafted if you put him in the CHL?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »