Home

NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #105
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

I can't see how editing rosters would screw up the code at all, it just doesn't make sense that it would. If it did, then player progression in GM wouldn't work and create a player wouldn't work. That's can't be the reason.

My guess would be that the NHL team is relatively small compared to others at EA Sports and they had to dedicate their entire staff to fixing the game after how terrible the '15 release was and they just never got around to it. Although at this point saying it won't be in the game would be rushing to judgement, there's still plenty of time to add such a simple feature and even if it's already added it's probably not a feature they see as worth advertising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Alright all you guys bashing bigwill for his reason why he thinks that edit player is not in the game, let me ask you a question. Do you think that something as simple as the player choosing their own jersey in a mycareer type mode would cause glitches and problems with the game?
I'm not bashing anyone, but to answer your question, no. Every jersey in the game, just like every player in the game, has an ID, and on the players table there is a field for jersey id. It doesn't make any difference, if it is 8 or 89. It can't cause any giltches or problems. That is infact the easy part, but someone has to do the frontend coding to add all these features, which takes some time. If we get back on the edit player issue, it's also posiible that EA has so small dev team working on the game, that there simply hasn't been time for programming the edit player feature. That wouldn't be very encouraging situation either...
Old 05-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #107
Rookie

peter21's Arena

I'm on board for this new EASHL build. The game just got way too frustrating with the players boosting and perfecting their cheese moves. The team I played with tried to play smart, sound hockey and 3 months in, that game just didn't exist.

Oddly enough, I'm still playing NHL 14 on the PS3, and games are now competitive again in OTP (EASHL is pretty barren).

I'd still like to see SOME differentiation between players of the same build, but if that can be achieved via height and weight variables and using different equipment (blade curvature, etc), then that will work for me.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
If editing players breaks the game why doesn't ea just say so? We would really like to give you guys player editing but we found it causes other issues, when we get them worked out we will add it back into the game. Instead they just ignore everyone.
If they would say editing players breaks the game, they would be lying. There's really just two possibilities. EA doesn't want to allow their customers to edit players, or they have not been able to program it in time. But like someone else already said, we don't know if this feature is included in the game or not.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #109
Rookie

N2J NY's Arena

So any news on defensive skill stick? Hitting on the analog stick needs to go, it's ridicolous that this is still the case. Defense in the 2k games was actually fun and challenging with all those options you had..
Old 05-20-2015, 05:20 PM   #110
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey87
I'm not bashing anyone, but to answer your question, no. Every jersey in the game, just like every player in the game, has an ID, and on the players table there is a field for jersey id. It doesn't make any difference, if it is 8 or 89. It can't cause any giltches or problems. That is infact the easy part, but someone has to do the frontend coding to add all these features, which takes some time. If we get back on the edit player issue, it's also posiible that EA has so small dev team working on the game, that there simply hasn't been time for programming the edit player feature. That wouldn't be very encouraging situation either...
OK well we were told by 2K developers...who are straight forward and will answer questions like this. That choosing your own jersey will cause glitches and such in the mode so that's why they haven't done it yet. And by choosing your own jersey I mean wearing throwbacks or other jerseys for things such as their Latin Nights.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #111
Rookie

NHL16 sounds pretty good, but so did NHL15. It is a definite buy for me, however, as it is tradition to buy every NHL game. Anyways, love the inclusion of playoff beards and love the sounds of a more in depth BAGM mode. That's just the only mode I play, so if it's more in depth and I can immerse myself in a GM mode I will be incredibly happy. Looking forward to arena atmosphere and better commentary as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #112
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Hopefully in the not too distant future, we'll start seeing them releasing actual gameplay vids. Rather than hiding it away till the 11th hour, like last year. And maybe even consider community input. A guy can dream i suppose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »