Home

NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

Well there should be a noticeable speed difference between and OFD and a DFD if there isn't then this mode is already broken

Last edited by TDKing; 05-22-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #122
Rookie

Grand-Al's Arena

OVR: 5

What i really miss in this game since years is:

When you play BeaPro, why do you guys not just implement the feature like it has in FIFA to play with the Whole Team ?! That would be much more fun controlling everything and play a regular game but in BAP Mode.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:59 PM   #123
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

Depressing. My team plays with teamwork regardless of our ratings. Now we have to play with nerfed skaters to balance it out? People that want to try and take over a game are going to try and do it regardless of how good their skater is. Hopefully this is fixed for nhl 17. Nerfing every skater isn't going to fix how certain people play the game.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Well there should be a noticeable speed difference between and OFD and a DFD if there isn't then this mode is already broken
when we played, everyone decided to go 6'0 190. Since height/weight were the same along with speed attributes, they were all equal.
However, if they do decide to lock it so DFD's are bigger, then a
Speed difference would be noticeable.
Also, if they were the same height/weight and the OFD was statistically better in terms of speed, it would create an
Imbalance similar to that of how many people leaned towards the grinder build on previous years for the extra speed.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:08 PM   #125
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
See I hate this idea though. Why can't a dman who focuses mostly on defense be super fast? Just because he doesn't have the offensive instincts or hands or vision to produce bigger numbers doesn't mean he can't be a world class skater. The idea that a sniper can't hit or a defensive dman is slow, or a power forward has no finesse is all wrong. That's why the attributes simply need to be more effective and players need to be rated more accurately with better scouting on EAs part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 11:59 PM   #126
Pro

statnut's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
not really in the EASHL... I have been playing in the EASHL off and on since it started in 09 and the greatest thing of all with this mode is when you play 6 v 6 there NO such thing as a cheese goal. A human goalie will stop a stupid cheese goal EVERY time. In fact the people who try to cheese goal non stop in EASHL are the easiest and most predictable ones to beat when you have a team of 6 going against them.. they literally have no chance against you. If someone can beat you by cheesing in the EASHL it's usually because you are not playing with 6 or not that good yet.. I see what those are saying about about maxing your attributes for a player that has 99% accuracy.. pinpoint passing and checks like a maniac etc. I just hope they have several different goalie builds to choose from. It would be horrible to be stuck just with one for goalie. Hopefully they have butterfly, standup, and hybrid builds

the good things about the new EASHL is you don't have to pay for boost and play so many games to get Legend now. There is a part of me that will for sure indeed miss editing my builds trying to find the best build but there is also a part of me that likes the new out of box style of EASHL to where everyone is on the same level playing field. To be honest it's going to be like when the game first comes out in the EASHL year round now and for me the best part of the EASHL always at the beginning when released.. that first month or 2 before everyone was maxed out as legends already imo. For me I'm open to the new EASHL way and I'm just glad it's back. I'm older now so I also like the fact you don't have to play so many games to level up to max attributes as well. Now all I have to do is sell my Xbone and get PS4 before NHL comes out because all people I wanna play club with and friends in person have PS4.. ugh.
Congrats. You have six reliable people to play with. Not everyone does. So there are cheese goals in the EASHL. There are also goals that just leave you shaking your head and not in a good way.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:01 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 8

I haven't read the entire thread so this maybe this question already has been answered but has the resolution incresead compared to NHL 15?

Is the game 1080P/60 now?
Old 05-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #128
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
I haven't read the entire thread so this maybe this question already has been answered but has the resolution incresead compared to NHL 15?

Is the game 1080P/60 now?
Good question, I'll be suprised if this one gets answered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »