Home

NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 01:26 AM   #145
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

My questions were not rhetorical or meant to be in spite, by the way. These were real questions that I am asking of Oohway in hopes to get a response and hear his feelings on the subjects. If he happens to come around again could someone please point him to my post so that he might address the questions, please?

My potential purchase of the game rests on what the answers to many of those questions ends up being.

I would also urge all of you that are wavering on whether or not to purchase NHL 16 to wait EA out and see if they actually release any unedited game play videos this year prior to launch. And if possible, use EA's season pass to try the game out (in full) before blindly plopping down $60+ for this game. A lot of people went in blind last year and felt burnt as a result. And a lot of people do not check these message boards until they have the game and then come here with questions. Questions about missing features and problems that they would have known about ahead of time if they had just taken a minute or two to visit OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #146
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Is there anything about board play? Because that, uh... Is kind of an important part of hockey.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #147
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
My questions were not rhetorical or meant to be in spite, by the way. These were real questions that I am asking of Oohway in hopes to get a response and hear his feelings on the subjects. If he happens to come around again could someone please point him to my post so that he might address the questions, please?

My potential purchase of the game rests on what the answers to many of those questions ends up being.

I would also urge all of you that are wavering on whether or not to purchase NHL 16 to wait EA out and see if they actually release any unedited game play videos this year prior to launch. And if possible, use EA's season pass to try the game out (in full) before blindly plopping down $60+ for this game. A lot of people went in blind last year and felt burnt as a result. And a lot of people do not check these message boards until they have the game and then come here with questions. Questions about missing features and problems that they would have known about ahead of time if they had just taken a minute or two to visit OS.
That was the part that frustrated me the most. Had i not been someone that posted here as frequently (possibly too frequently...) I would have been completely in the dark about it. Had I purchased a PS4, and picked up that game, only to find it completely devoid of features i expected, i would be livid.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:31 PM   #148
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

For sure, I will be looking forward to your comments and others as well in regards to this game. I will not be duped again by EA's CG canned videos instead of REAL GAMEPLAY of the game.

This will be a game in my Q in Gamefly, and if I liked it, I am going to buy. IF NOT, it would be a quick rental.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not sure if this was answered or not, but in NHL 16, will we be finally able to control all TEAMS in GM Mode if we want to?.....Or at least will we have the ability to Own 1 team, but also play any of the other teams League games on the schedule and in post season?

In other sports games, I always love to control and build 1 team in a franchise mode but I also like to randomly play different games around the league from time to time and also love playing the different matchups in post season play

NHL never allowed that and Im hoping this year they've opened it up more to be like a sandbox style GM control if you want
Old 05-31-2015, 09:43 PM   #150
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
Not sure if this was answered or not, but in NHL 16, will we be finally able to control all TEAMS in GM Mode if we want to?.....Or at least will we have the ability to Own 1 team, but also play any of the other teams League games on the schedule and in post season?

In other sports games, I always love to control and build 1 team in a franchise mode but I also like to randomly play different games around the league from time to time and also love playing the different matchups in post season play

NHL never allowed that and Im hoping this year they've opened it up more to be like a sandbox style GM control if you want
No. It's the same as before.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:48 PM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 6

sorry if this has been asked already but has there been any mention of custom music on ps4/xb1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 12:45 AM   #152
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskbreaker76
sorry if this has been asked already but has there been any mention of custom music on ps4/xb1?
Custom music WILL NOT be in NHL 16. It's not possible due to the consoles, at this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »