Home

NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 05-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Are you able to comment on the camera angles in EASHL? As in when you played were the cameras the same as they are in a regular game, or did they follow your player like in EASHL/Be a Pro on last gen?
When I played EASHL, I had full control of what camera angle I used. I prefer overhead, so I used that. The button to focus the camera on the puck or focus on my player was still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
So everyone is the same in eashl ? You can't improve your skill ratings ? I don't understand.
Yes, every build is the same. The powerforward on your team will have the same stats as the powerforward on the other team. The powerforward on the day 1 launch of NHL 16 will have the same stats as the powerforward in June next year. (With the exception of any updates/patches/tweaks/tuners to the builds.)
Currently, the only thing differentiating the builds are the player's height and weight, but those may also become locked so that the true winner of an EASHL game is dictated by button skill on the controller and not a performance edge.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #10
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Thanks Oohwayy for all these details. There are good things in there for sure. It's a bit disappointing though to see that gameplay doesn't seem to have been improved much, even if there's still time to know more about it, it was maybe not the time to announce it today. However, it's a huge disappointment for me to know that edit players probably won't be there again this year. I just can't believe it actually, it's an absolute must in any sports game to be able to do that in 2015.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Any type of season/franchise mode that lets you control all NHL teams? Thanks.
We're restricted to only answering questions about the article. From my experience playing, I think I saw a seasons mode but didn't play it because it's not my game type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
EASHL sounds disappointing. Not sure why they would substitute customization in favor of forcing us to use stock builds. Thats essentially what OTP was in NHL 15.
Stock builds allow for a focus towards any eSport or competitive atmosphere/league. It really isn't as bad as you think. I know how you feel because when I found this out back in January I was rattled too. Once we played in April it wasn't that bad at all actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 12:01 PM   #12
Just started!

First: Thanks Oohwayy for your informations!!!

Do you recognize any "playoff-atmosphare" (like all the fans in white jerseys, more chants in a playoff game)? Thanks!!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Thanks for your answer but I don't think I like the new eashl . no player differentiation so now it's just like the rest of the game lol.... I don't see the point in playing if I can't progress my player. Did you see any options for shorter seasons in GM mode ?
Old 05-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #14
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy
We're restricted to only answering questions about the article. From my experience playing, I think I saw a seasons mode but didn't play it because it's not my game type.

Stock builds allow for a focus towards any eSport or competitive atmosphere/league. It really isn't as bad as you think. I know how you feel because when I found this out back in January I was rattled too. Once we played in April it wasn't that bad at all actually.

Thank you for the write up and your input. Very much appreciated.

Devil's advocate. I got my buddies into EASHL in 14 and they absolutely HATED it. Their players were terrible and they were getting smashed. They have wife, kids, jobs with crazy hours and just don't have the time to play 200 games just to not get killed. I don't hate it the stock players for that regard.

But, I did enjoy the aspect of playing games to level up. But I am a teacher so I spent my vacations and summers doing so. So for me, I'm going to miss it but for parity and competitiveness of games, I don't hate it.

I'm still hoping that Be a GM or Season Mode (if there is one) has a online coop option. Seems like aside of couch coop there will be no in season or gm coop options online.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #15
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

Sounds cool I'm really looking forward to this game when it comes out this fall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
[/b]

Thank you for the write up and your input. Very much appreciated.

Devil's advocate. I got my buddies into EASHL in 14 and they absolutely HATED it. Their players were terrible and they were getting smashed. They have wife, kids, jobs with crazy hours and just don't have the time to play 200 games just to not get killed. I don't hate it the stock players for that regard.

But, I did enjoy the aspect of playing games to level up. But I am a teacher so I spent my vacations and summers doing so. So for me, I'm going to miss it but for parity and competitiveness of games, I don't hate it.

I'm still hoping that Be a GM or Season Mode (if there is one) has a online coop option. Seems like aside of couch coop there will be no in season or gm coop options online.
I get what your saying but that was a problem with ea's matchmaking they needed to do a better job with match ups, imo. I guess it was just easier to make everyone equal instead of fixing the matchmaking algorithms.

Last edited by TDKing; 05-19-2015 at 12:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »