Home

NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 05-19-2015, 02:09 PM   #41
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
How hard is it for them to enable the consumers of this game to edit players???. What is it in EAs agenda that forces them to keep edit player out of the game? I can say with 99.99% certainty that they KNOW the fanbase is dying to have such a simple thing in the game. Do they not possess the technical power to achieve such a feat as edit player?

I think it's how they justify selling the game for the next year. in NHL 17 they will have a new features that allows you to edit your attributes in the EASHL and have an new edit roster / player mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
My guess is that it causes the game to crash when certain players or attributes are edited.

There are over 1000 players in the game and dozens of attributes. That is an awful lot of code to run through and testing that would need to be done in able to ensure near 100% stability within the edit player functions.

It is probably something that they are trying to do but haven't been able to ensure it works without potentially breaking other portions of the game. So it might be something that they have to hold off on until they figure it all out.

Just my speculation, but I feel pretty strongly about it being the reason.
That's a valid reason, IMO. I think I remember reading something on OS in the NBA2K forums that someone asked why we can't choose our own jerseys in mycareer mode and the dev game the same reason. He said that it was cause glitches in the game and they were unnecessary to be there if the game worked better without being able to choose the jersey you wanted.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #43
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
That's a valid reason, IMO. I think I remember reading something on OS in the NBA2K forums that someone asked why we can't choose our own jerseys in mycareer mode and the dev game the same reason. He said that it was cause glitches in the game and they were unnecessary to be there if the game worked better without being able to choose the jersey you wanted.
Well then they need to hire more competent people.

Madden has a lot of players in its database, is an EA title, and i cant remember editing ever presenting any issues

Maybe they should borrow Maddens 'edit player' technology the same way they borrowed fifas physics and fight nights combat.

NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 05-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
So every player is gonna be an 82 overall or something like that? Boring.
No, not really. Boosted players is lame. But assembling teams strategically based on player types and using strategy and stick skills to win games is far more interesting than the team with the mosts boosts winning.

I think this may improve EASHL by leaps and bounds.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #45
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
No, not really. Boosted players is lame. But assembling teams strategically based on player types and using strategy and stick skills to win games is far more interesting than the team with the mosts boosts winning.

I think this may improve EASHL by leaps and bounds.
They've essentially stipped EASHL back down to its foundation and made it a more competitve / balanced game style where it's the player holding the controller that beats his opponent. To some this is boring because yes we lost progression, but I see it as we are starting fresh with a much more solid foundation for EASHL. Let's see how it works and we can slowly add in progression/differentiation in future titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 02:33 PM   #46
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Really wish they just left eashl as is.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #47
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
Really wish they just left eashl as is.
I wish that they would have upgraded it to address all the flaws and issues that I had detailed within the mode. Dumbing it down wasn't on my list, though it seems the causal player will be happy.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:42 PM   #48
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I wish that they would have upgraded it to address all the flaws and issues that I had detailed within the mode. Dumbing it down wasn't on my list, though it seems the causal player will be happy.

It's frustrating. I didn't by this game last year but I have been enjoying it with ea access. If I'm understanding these eashl details correctly the grind is totally gone. Which is what kept me playing night in and night out. Looks like it will be the same situation again. I'll wait for it to hit ea access and hope they get it together for 17.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »