Home

NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here
FIFA 20 VOLTA FOOTBALL Gameplay Details, Modes, Progression & Much More - Including New Gameplay Trailer
NASCAR Heat 4 Hands-On Preview, Including Over 7 Minutes of Exclusive Gameplay Footage

Old 05-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #49
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy
3. Online Couch Co-op
This is pretty straight forward. Essentially you can hook up multiple controllers to one Xbox to play as a team in Online Versus with your friends or connect with one another to play in a drop-in EASHL game.
So apart from OTP with NHL, there will be drop in games with the preset builds? Or will the preset builds only for people that are in clubs and the private lobbies? Fingers crossed for EASHL drop in games..

Hopefully it gets answered!
Old 05-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #50
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I wish that they would have upgraded it to address all the flaws and issues that I had detailed within the mode. Dumbing it down wasn't on my list, though it seems the causal player will be happy.
Most hardcore players I know are happy about it as well. At the end of the day the majority wanted it to resemble more of a real hockey game and outcomes to be drawn by player skill, not 99 shot power.

Sure they could've addressed issues but I think this approach of stripping down to bare-metal and giving is a new foundation is actually a step forward. We'll have to wait and see!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:01 PM   #51
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

As a hardcore NHL guy, I LOVE the pre-built players in EASHL. Stop making it about who can grind 350 games the fastest. Stop these mini-speed builds. Make it about hockey and how to play it.

Love this change. I don't need to grind. The first two weeks of EASHL each year are the most fun for me because of the way the game plays.

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahabash
They've essentially stipped EASHL back down to its foundation and made it a more competitve / balanced game style where it's the player holding the controller that beats his opponent. To some this is boring because yes we lost progression, but I see it as we are starting fresh with a much more solid foundation for EASHL. Let's see how it works and we can slowly add in progression/differentiation in future titles.
Great, now I get to be a terrible player in real life and online.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:09 PM   #53
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
No, not really. Boosted players is lame. But assembling teams strategically based on player types and using strategy and stick skills to win games is far more interesting than the team with the mosts boosts winning.

I think this may improve EASHL by leaps and bounds.
So should online versus games be limited to everyone choosing the same team? Every game is Blackhawks vs Blackhawks.

The way to fix things is to fix things, not nerf them. Had they done the FIFA progression system, where make x amount of good passes, get a boost to your passing rating, I would have been thrilled with, as it rewards players who play properly and with skill. This, everyone's on the same footing, which sounds nice in theory on Day 1. On Day 70, someone who just picks up the game shouldn't have their player be the same as someone who started on Day 1.

Sorry but removing things, rather than fixing what was wrong (hulking defenseman be super fast up the ice) isn't the solution. I like the idea of make a team blend together based on player types. But making every player in the EASHL the same attribute-wise isn't the way to do it.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #54
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
As a hardcore NHL guy, I LOVE the pre-built players in EASHL. Stop making it about who can grind 350 games the fastest. Stop these mini-speed builds. Make it about hockey and how to play it.

Love this change. I don't need to grind. The first two weeks of EASHL each year are the most fun for me because of the way the game plays.

There are countless other modes to play with those players though. That's why I don't understand it. I know they have their reasoning but it comes off as lazy imo.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #55
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
There are countless other modes to play with those players though. That's why I don't understand it. I know they have their reasoning but it comes off as lazy imo.
Countless other modes? Like what?

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #56
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Countless other modes? Like what?

I can hop on nhl 15 right now and play with preset players in be a gm, otp, vs mode, hut etc. I don't need them in eashl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »