Home

NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here
FIFA 20 VOLTA FOOTBALL Gameplay Details, Modes, Progression & Much More - Including New Gameplay Trailer
NASCAR Heat 4 Hands-On Preview, Including Over 7 Minutes of Exclusive Gameplay Footage

Old 05-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut

Sorry but removing things, rather than fixing what was wrong (hulking defenseman be super fast up the ice) isn't the solution. I like the idea of make a team blend together based on player types. But making every player in the EASHL the same attribute-wise isn't the way to do it.
My impression is that each player build is equal, but that different player builds have different attributes and traits. And that sounds like a fun game to play.

More than that, it sounds like a mode in which the devs can make feel like real hockey much easier than before. Personally, I feel like this is fixing what was broken about EASHL.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
I can hop on nhl 15 right now and play with preset players in be a gm, otp, vs mode, hut etc. I don't need them in eashl.
I think you are confusing preset with equalized ratings. By equalizing the ratings, the game becomes about what wee always want it to be, stick skill and strategy.

All of the those other modes are about matching up players of various skills. that's fun, too, but it doesn't feel like what EASHL needs to be.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #59
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
I can hop on nhl 15 right now and play with preset players in be a gm, otp, vs mode, hut etc. I don't need them in eashl.
But can you play with your friends with players that you selected? That's what I want.

And the devs are doing this to balance the game. I'm all for balancing online.

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #60
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
I think you are confusing preset with equalized ratings. By equalizing the ratings, the game becomes about what wee always want it to be, stick skill and strategy.

All of the those other modes are about matching up players of various skills. that's fun, too, but it doesn't feel like what EASHL needs to be.

If I can't build the player to my liking it's no different than me selecting a guy like Bergeron and just throwing my name on his jersey. It takes 95 percent of the fun out of the mode for me.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #61
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Can EA Gamechanger and OOh answer this simple question:

Is there a team differentiation - like Edmonton vs Chicago, their ratings as team should be at least 10 pts difference in Offense and Defense.

Is there a player differentiation - like Crosby plays as Crosby and Tanner Glass plays as Tanner Glass - speed wise, puck handling ability, shooting accuracy etc.

Please tell me "Yes" to these 2 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #62
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
As a hardcore NHL guy, I LOVE the pre-built players in EASHL. Stop making it about who can grind 350 games the fastest. Stop these mini-speed builds. Make it about hockey and how to play it.

Love this change. I don't need to grind. The first two weeks of EASHL each year are the most fun for me because of the way the game plays.

well this is why I'm giving this a chance as it could be very good because of that in that regard. I agree.. I just wanna wait and see how it works though first. I do miss editing player attributes and etc but I also don't like some of the stuff your talking about. I'm just excited to have the EASHL back in general and look forward in buying it this fall and playing it a lot.

I also think it's nice they are allowing private OTP for online 6 v 6 leagues. I use to be in a draft and league that started from the old eashl website.

Last edited by steveeee; 05-19-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #63
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
My impression is that each player build is equal, but that different player builds have different attributes and traits. And that sounds like a fun game to play.

More than that, it sounds like a mode in which the devs can make feel like real hockey much easier than before. Personally, I feel like this is fixing what was broken about EASHL.
What was broken was the game itself. Players bouncing off checks because they held the puck out a certain way, giant players being fast as Crosby, obvious penalties not being called for various reason (right stick interference, high discipline negating things like boarding, etc). That's the stuff that hurts the game. Differentiating players by letting them choose where they put their attribute points wasn't the problem. The problem was with the on-ice product.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:49 PM   #64
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

And for the record, I'm not one of those race to 350 guys. I only just reached Legend 3 on NHL 14 in February/March.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »