Home

NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
I see BE a GM. I guess they went ahead and left regular ol Season Mode right out. I was hoping it would come over cause I'm not one for scouting or going on multiple seasons. Guess not this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #26
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 16 Features Officially Revealed, EASHL Returns Amongst Other Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor23
I see BE a GM. I guess they went ahead and left regular ol Season Mode right out. I was hoping it would come over cause I'm not one for scouting or going on multiple seasons. Guess not this year.
Season mode is in
Old 05-19-2015, 12:16 PM   #27
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

OVR: 0
Thank God EASHL is back, last year would have been playable with it. It better be in full effect and not like "crew" on 2K where they say..."hey crew is back" and it's actually not at all
Old 05-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #28
MVP

Haven't bought an NHL game since 2009. I'll probably pick this one up.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:22 PM   #29
Just started!

Frustrating that there's nothing on edit player mode (they answered a question on custom player mode and haven't answered one on edit player).

Especially when Rammer told OS:
"Thanks for the note. Edit player is important and something you will see back in the game. At this point I can't commit to a timeframe"

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl/760958-nhl-15-post-launch-content-update-3.html

Is this really a feature that requires multiple years of refreshes to develop? I think at this point in time editing rosters should be pretty standard. Especially when the roster updates are terribly slow and barely update ratings.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #30
Rookie

I agree with other members in this thread... PLAYER EDITING IS AN ESSENTIAL FEATURE. With the infrequency of Roster updates and inaccuracy of some player ratings, Customization is a necessity! I really think the rating system needed to be modified a bit as-well. Certain attributes like Offensive awareness & Passing are just too broad and vague. They need to be broken down into sub-categories ( Ex. Passing Vision, Passing Accuracy, Passing Flair, Offensive Positioning, Goal scoring instincts,) Much as they are in Fifa and NBA 2K.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:52 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I'm calling Bull**** on this...it's not a waste of resources and licensing. You draft players from these leagues in BaGM. Therefore the licensing is being used. You can get players from these teams in HUT, another way of using these players. In BaPro you can start out in the CHL, at least in NHL 14 you could (don't know if this was an option for 15) you are using those licenses then. Also in BaGM you can play as your AHL team using the AHL team licenses in that. Just because you choose not to do these things doesn't mean that are not being used.
Now are they being used to their fullest extent, probably not.
So basically I get to play with the AHL. For all other leagues I get to enjoy baseball cards and maybe 1 year of play during BAP?
Yup, sounds like a great use of resources.

Nope. No need to integrate any of this in BaGM or BAP.
Hey, maybe your pro is struggling and gets released forcing him to play in Europe. Nope.
Did a poor job as a GM and now you're back in junior, or Europe? Nope.

So basically for all those licenses we get to see that our draft pick came from the Erie Otters and not just Erie.
Or we get to be excited when opening our fun pack of cards and see that I got a goalie from the Windsor Spitfires instead of Windsor.
Yup, sure sounds like those licenses are being put to great use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #32
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

It's nice to see a list of promising features, but until i see that EA actually executes it the right way, it's just that. A list.

EA had all sorts of cool things and new additions for 15, and it was a train wreck.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong about NHL16, but it's definitely not going to be a first-day purchase until EA sorts everything out and actually shows that they've made a good game, not just a good list of ideas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »