Home

NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #57
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
All be it gimmicky is there a winter classic or all star game in a season mode? The winter classic as well as the all star game is a part of the NHL for at least more than half a decade. And yes I would rather have gameplay better over a winter classic.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #58
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1
Some intriguing things in this announcement, but EA has to do more to win back my loyalty. I'll wait and see how the game plays before I get back on this horse.

The one thing that continues to annoy me with their PR and marketing is the hying of HUT and disparaging of GM online. Glad that HUT is popular and makes them money, but the spin involved in GM online makes me angry.

They'll say they ditched the mode because no one played it, but the reason no one played it, was it was slow, buggy and not a fun player experience. That is ENTIRELY EA's fault! They never put the resources in to improve it, giving them an easy excuse to discontinue it.

I'm more of a EASHL/OTP player at this point, but that always irked me.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #59
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Features Revealed, EASHL Returns, Full List of Game Modes & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisao
Not sure why player editing is such a huge deal with everyone IF ea can keep up with updates. It's absolutely annoying and time consuming to sit and update players. This should be done automatically. The big thing would be Be A GM: Online. I want to play friends in multiple seasons, fantasy draft. It works in ALL other games. Game Modes are way more important, to me at least, then sitting and editing players for hours. Just tell us you'll update weekly, and I'm good
.......people like this are why we can't have nice things.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRamjagsingh
Not sure why player editing is such a huge deal with everyone IF ea can keep up with updates. It's absolutely annoying and time consuming to sit and update players. This should be done automatically. The big thing would be Be A GM: Online. I want to play friends in multiple seasons, fantasy draft. It works in ALL other games. Game Modes are way more important, to me at least, then sitting and editing players for hours. Just tell us you'll update weekly, and I'm good
I know your tricks, Sean!

It's essential, because players that have high potential are consistently given low potential. It's easier to update those players myself than have to wait for EA to MAYBE do something.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:48 AM   #61
Pro

rjviking11's Arena

OVR: 3

Absolute joke if edit player isn't in. Why have they still not included roster share??? every other sports game out there has it. Are they afraid to realize how many people can do their job 1000x better?
NCAAF- West Virginia Mountaineers
NCAAB- West Virginia Mountaineers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 07:54 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Speaking of ratings, I hope that EA will eventually one day add multiple positions for certain players.
Datsyuk and Zetterberg can both play LW and C equally.
Tyler Ennis started as a LW but is now a C. He can switch between the two. Jeff Carter? RW and C.

The list goes on and on.

It'd be nice to see some guys have different attributes depending on where they lined-up.
It would also give GM's more options knowing they have guys that can play multiple positions.

IMO, this is long overdue.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #63
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Roster editing and a roster share would breathe fresh air into this game like none other. Let's be honest, EA does not have a good track record with NHL's roster updates. While Madden and NBA 2K get weekly updates - the NHL series seems like they go 4-6 weeks at a time and then the ratings barely change.

Being able to have the Revamped team comb through ratings and attributes and equipment then be able to share it without the need of third party programs would be fantastic. The Revamped 14 project, literally, changed how NHL 14 played. Anyone who believes that the edit player function isn't useful never used that roster.

I can only hope that the NHL team took the feedback and backlash that was NHL 15 and made some drastic changes including adding the edit player function.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #64
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Speaking of ratings, I hope that EA will eventually one day add multiple positions for certain players.
Datsyuk and Zetterberg can both play LW and C equally.
Tyler Ennis started as a LW but is now a C. He can switch between the two. Jeff Carter? RW and C.

The list goes on and on.

It'd be nice to see some guys have different attributes depending on where they lined-up.
It would also give GM's more options knowing they have guys that can play multiple positions.

IMO, this is long overdue.
Another thing FIFA has that is well-implemented. It's less well-implemented with generated youth players, but none the less, multiple positions are in. Sometimes you have that defensive midfielder who can also play CB. The left footed CM who is also capable of playing on the left side, and isn't very effective on the right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »