Home

NHL 16 Video - Customization, Action Tracker, Single Player Game Modes and More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Video - Customization, Action Tracker, Single Player Game Modes and More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Video - Customization, Action Tracker, Single Player Game Modes and More

I feel like this Ask EA thing is a bunch of BS. Looking at some of the questions that are already there, a lot of those guys were at the Game Changer event and already knew the answers to those questions.

I know I'm not the only one who 'Asked EA' if edit player is in the game, yet no response to anyone yet. I don't expect that site to be monitored 24/7 but, they do say it's updated frequently. I can also appreciate that they won't answer everything right now, there's still several months of feature/gameplay reveals they've planned out. But I fully expect the next set of questions answered by the producers will be very generic, mark my words, they'll post a question where 'someone' is asking whether skate guards are in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 11:09 AM   #26
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Re: NHL 16 Video - Customization, Action Tracker, Single Player Game Modes and More

Add me to the list of those who asked about edit player with no response. I wish we could see how many people have asked that question and were ignored. My guess is that we already know the answer. If it was in it would have been mentioned in the video. I just don't get it....all the customizable options and nobody to use it on? Just a created player? Such a waste
Old 05-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #27
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

It clearly is not in the game at this point.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #28
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

I worded my question a little differently to EA. I know it's not in the game right now. So I asked "Will edit player be put back in the game by the time NHL 16 is released?" I hope it is, but I've had doubts since it was omitted last year. Maybe next year if we are lucky.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #29
Rookie

KrossRoad's Arena

Still no EA Game Face!?? C'mon... FIFA does this year in and year out. NHL continues to borrow assets from the FIFA team (which is great, as they're needed), but I just cannot understand the continued absence of this feature from the series.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 2

They really need to blow me away this year for me to buy the game. I agree with the statements above about generic questions. Get the devs on a live stream and answer real questions. That will never happen, but is the only way that this Ask EA would be somewhat legitimate to me.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #31
Rookie

All I know is Edit Player better be in. I just can't fathom the arrogance of EA basically saying "hey, we know you paid 60 bucks for our game, but we're still not going to provide you with even the most basic customization to make your personal gameplay experience the most enjoyable possible. Now deal with your crappy, inconsistently updated rosters with inaccurate ratings and player likenesses!"

I've always been disgruntled with the fact that EA doesn't let us edit anything during GM Mode (ala Association Mode in NBA) but the fact that they may be stripping us completely of player editing for TWO releases in a row is ridiculous. Not to mention that from the looks of it their player creation suite is still YEARS behind every other franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #32
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe31
I feel like this Ask EA thing is a bunch of BS. Looking at some of the questions that are already there, a lot of those guys were at the Game Changer event and already knew the answers to those questions.

I know I'm not the only one who 'Asked EA' if edit player is in the game, yet no response to anyone yet. I don't expect that site to be monitored 24/7 but, they do say it's updated frequently. I can also appreciate that they won't answer everything right now, there's still several months of feature/gameplay reveals they've planned out. But I fully expect the next set of questions answered by the producers will be very generic, mark my words, they'll post a question where 'someone' is asking whether skate guards are in the game.
I am not surprise if EA will not answer your question about features we've been clamoring about when its not there. EA will only answer "set" questions, that's their style and it will not change, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »