Home

Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Once More - More Talk About HUT, EASHL and More

This is a discussion on Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Once More - More Talk About HUT, EASHL and More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #9
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Once More - More Talk About HUT, EASHL and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
It sounds like they'll be including some type of slider to customize the impact of stick on stick contact. This is great news for anyone that wants more of a sim experience.
Assuming the slider works, which is sadly a big question mark, given past performance.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:17 PM   #10
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
I wish I had more time to devote to the hockey experience but some of the changes I got in NHL 15 more on the presentation side was enough for me but I don't play the same as others. It seems they are at least trying to show that they care
Old 06-10-2015, 01:08 AM   #11
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I was really hoping that goalie injury would be in played games in BEAGM for '16'. Bummer it's not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Real sad what happened to this series. Lack of competition led to budgetary reductions (no need to allocate given there's no competitor) and inevitably to complacency and mediocrity.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #13
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpollack34
Real sad what happened to this series. Lack of competition led to budgetary reductions (no need to allocate given there's no competitor) and inevitably to complacency and mediocrity.
yup, its a damn shame. they may as well call this series HUT 16. thats all it really is, even EASHL coming back for 16 is just create ur own player but u cannot control how he develops. just makes it sound like it was gutted right down to the bare bones. while it makes for a even playing field, it just doesnt have that depth that came with the ability to add points into things to make your player unique.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #14
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Will teams sit on the correct players benches this year?

We have gone through all of the stadiums and tried to update them to be as authentic as possible. The art and rendering teams did an amazing job in NHL 15 capturing the architectural likeness of all of the licensed buildings but this year was more about taking them to the next level with behavior and interaction and they have met and surpassed the mark once again. In NHL 16 you will see players on the correct benches, using the proper tunnels for the home and away teams, updated banners to be as authentic as possible and many other stadium accents to add more life into each of the arenas.
So, the team surpassed the mark by having teams sit on the right benches, and using proper tunnels? This series is so disappointing right now. There shouldn't even be questions about this stuff being right, it should just be a standard no-brainer part of the game....but they consider it to be surpassing the mark.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:10 AM   #15
MVP

Why can't the program goalies to get injured during a game? That baffles me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #16
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
Why can't the program goalies to get injured during a game? That baffles me...
Don't know for sure, but...

We know that goalies are programmed differently, and to be different than, skaters. Otherwise skaters wouldn't completely run them over so much. That last statement is probably why goalie injuries weren't in NHL 15. This year, the programming is still legacy as they focused on adding in features, so goalies are still different than players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »