Home

NHL 16 Trailer Observations - Little Things I Noticed

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Trailer Observations - Little Things I Noticed within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #1
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 16 Trailer Observations - Little Things I Noticed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGxvYRRxlo

Hopefully these little things I saw carry over into the game. What did you guys see?

- Presentation (Announcers, Mascots, Arenas), obvious but not mentioned
- Goalie Glove (old news, but since this trailer was made in advance, this shows that they worked on fixing some basic goalie things early)
- Goalie Momentum/Questionable Positioning during Triangle Play
- Kronwall Sidestep
- Taresenko Reaching for the Puck, still gets breakaway

Goalies seemed to use old animations but since the announcement for new goalie controls was just announced it doesn't surprise me as this trailer was probably made weeks in advance while they were still working on the new goalie features.

In any trailer they're going to show more goals than saves anyway. I think we only got 1 save and it wasn't even that special, just a basic one off the pad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Re: NHL 16 Trailer Observations - Little Things I Noticed

The goalie movement on that triangle play has me worried. How much do you think the proper glove placement will affect the goalies performance?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by punx317
The goalie movement on that triangle play has me worried. How much do you think the proper glove placement will affect the goalies performance?

I've read others on different boards saying they don't think the goalie animations were fully implemented for this trailer, which kind of makes sense since there was some uncertainty of EA was going to get them in this year..

So i'm praying this is true because some of the animations were old and still hideous
Old 06-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by punx317

That triangle play was poor. Nice passing on Tampa Bays part. There was no need for Henrik to be that aggressive, leaving him completely vulnerable to the backdoor. Hopefully they can tweak the goalies aggressive/ability to read the other skaters on the ice.

In theory it should make saving high shots easier for both Human and AI goalies since the glove is already up there. The glove wouldn't have to move as much compared to the old Alex Auld position where the glove is at or below the hip.

Part of me is worried that its just a visual fix and glove high shots will still go in at the same frequency, but that's something we'll have to wait and see.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
I've read others on different boards saying they don't think the goalie animations were fully implemented for this trailer, which kind of makes sense since there was some uncertainty of EA was going to get them in this year..

So i'm praying this is true because some of the animations were old and still hideous
This trailer was probably made weeks in advance and considering the goalie features were very recently announced(meaning EAs confident they can finish these features on time), my guess is they used the old goalie interface with a tweak here and there (ex. goalie glove).

So in all yes, i agree with you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I'd say there wasn't enough in there to really tell anything. There's still plenty of time to fix things. Whether they will or not is a different story.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:44 AM   #7
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I'd say there wasn't enough in there to really tell anything. There's still plenty of time to fix things. Whether they will or not is a different story.
I think the Gamechangers should be going back to Vancouver in about a month so hopefully they come back with news about a more finished product.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:58 AM   #8
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney2436
I think the Gamechangers should be going back to Vancouver in about a month so hopefully they come back with news about a more finished product.
Or come back with any news, at all. Or just come back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »