Home

NHL 16 E3 Hands-On Impressions (Quick Look)

This is a discussion on NHL 16 E3 Hands-On Impressions (Quick Look) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #33
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 E3 Hands-On Impressions (Quick Look)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucio360
Caniac94, i dont mean to be rude but you obviously do not follow EA NHL whatsoever if you keep asking about goalie masks. For the 100000000 time no they cant get the goalie mask BECAUSE they are licensed by the artist who created them. SO IT WONT HAPPEN!!!!
Whoa chill out bud. Okay obviously I do follow EA NHL because I am on this board. Also I never asked about goalie masks, I only pointed out that Cam's actual authentic mask is in game and wondered how many more might potentially be in. I know why not all the goalie masks are in game. It would obviously take a lot of money (too much money) to license them all. We're just in here speculating.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #34
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

*What bigwill said.

Yup.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:12 PM   #35
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Thanks for the write up Chase, at least give us perspective coming from OS and not just EA fan-boy. This is what I want personally, real description of the game that frustrates me year after year, so I will not be victimized or will change my mind to get this game after deliberately not buying 14 and 15.

GREAT QUESTIONS BIG!!!!!

Just to add to the questions:

(1) Will my RW/LW take the face off even when my Center guy is on the 4 on 4 or during PK?

(2) If you got the chance to play in the playoff, is the Intensity (esp. in defense and NZ pressure), the same as the regular games?

(3) BaGM questions:

(a) If ever you got the chance to play the BaGM, is it still the same features as compared to 14?

(b) What's new in the BaGM?

(c) Scouting is it the old way, like assigning a scout to a specific region where he has a higher rank? Does it give you a detailed report?

Thanks so much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #36
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac94
Whoa chill out bud. Okay obviously I do follow EA NHL because I am on this board. Also I never asked about goalie masks, I only pointed out that Cam's actual authentic mask is in game and wondered how many more might potentially be in. I know why not all the goalie masks are in game. It would obviously take a lot of money (too much money) to license them all. We're just in here speculating.

Exactley......We all know about the license thing with the masks but two years ago they added Brodeurs which he owned the rights to and last year they added Quick and I think Prices mask as well as a generic but closer to realistic Lundqvist mask. It appears that is Wards mask in your clip so......wondering about masks is ok. I know they mentioned they were working on getting what they could and I would like to see more creative generic masks related to the team or city they play in. I know there are way more important things they need to address though. We will see what happens.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:33 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Exactley......We all know about the license thing with the masks but two years ago they added Brodeurs which he owned the rights to and last year they added Quick and I think Prices mask as well as a generic but closer to realistic Lundqvist mask. It appears that is Wards mask in your clip so......wondering about masks is ok. I know they mentioned they were working on getting what they could and I would like to see more creative generic masks related to the team or city they play in. I know there are way more important things they need to address though. We will see what happens.
And about 5 years ago they had Rick Dipietro and Luongo's mask in the game. It seems like EA NHL is good for a few decent masks, but they'll never go for the NHL 97 full gambit, which is too bad considering some mask artists paint several NHL goalie masks, so licensing just a few would help out quite a lot.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:29 AM   #38
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Is the United Center in the game? If not, what is being done to show the Chicago Blackhawks some love with the "sights and sounds" around the arena like the other arenas get?
Chelsea Dagger is in the game and plays on scored goals. I asked twice going on a month now about the UC being in the game on their Q&A and haven't gotten a response yet. So I'm just going to assume that's a no or they aren't ready to reveal it. I wish they'd put in some kind of ice editor and paint tool kind of like the WWE games' create-an-arena and paint tool. Cause the UC is an eye sore in game with the generic center ice.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:57 AM   #39
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Is there no media allowed of NHL 16? We are getting all of this E3 coverage from other games and, once again, NHL seems to be under lock and key.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:40 AM   #40
Rookie

That's good news the core gameplay is the best so far. I want to know if there is more differences in players because most players all played the same. Also, do some players have signature moves. Of course I want to know if defense is in the game especially in playoffs where things tighten up and do goalies have likenesses and play on a whole a lot better?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »