Home

NHL 16 E3 Hands-On Impressions (Quick Look)

This is a discussion on NHL 16 E3 Hands-On Impressions (Quick Look) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 01:56 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 E3 Hands-On Impressions (Quick Look)

mattbertz ‏@mattbertz
Played NHL 16 on all-star hardcore settings. Love the feel of precision skating, and scoring windows seem much smaller than 15. Good signs

Managing Editor at Game Informer.
Reader, writer, gamer, avid sports fan, connoisseur of rock 'n roll, drinker of Scotch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #42
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Is there no media allowed of NHL 16? We are getting all of this E3 coverage from other games and, once again, NHL seems to be under lock and key.
I've been saying the same exact thing.

FIFA, Madden, NBA LIVE(which was a step in the right direction last year, but a disaster the years before), RORY M. PGATOUR(whatever it is called), you name it, it seems every other EA sports title has interviewed and showed gameplay with IGN, GameSpot, etc except NHL..

Why is this? Why do they hide everything especially after the disaster last year? All we get are 5 second gameplay videos on snapchat for those that have it
Old 06-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #43
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Rammer will be taking the floor at 2:30 PST.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #44
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
It best not be hidden like last year where they showed the E3 trailer in a long loop over and over again with 0 gameplay.

Let whoever is interviewing him people play the demo like ALL the others there and lets see what they've been up to.

No more hiding.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #45
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Exactley......We all know about the license thing with the masks but two years ago they added Brodeurs which he owned the rights to and last year they added Quick and I think Prices mask as well as a generic but closer to realistic Lundqvist mask. It appears that is Wards mask in your clip so......wondering about masks is ok. I know they mentioned they were working on getting what they could and I would like to see more creative generic masks related to the team or city they play in. I know there are way more important things they need to address though. We will see what happens.
It would be nice to get a system to allow us to create and import our own jerseys and masks. Games like Forza, and tons of PC releases have shown that if the developer provides the way, there's almost always a will in the community. You can get lose in the created player section of The Show's forum here on OS, and similar searches on Google for things like FIFA face and jersey mods bring up massive lists of user created things. All of it not needing to use up EA's time and resources, and some of it being a step above what was originally released in the game.

I've said it before, and it bears repeating. EA can't be perfect, and I don't expect it. Massive leagues, rosters, and jerseys, along with player creation is a monumental task for anyone, much less a team trying to support the last release, while preparing the new one. But, the frustration has been, and will be, the complete lack of support for people who want to improve things on their own. I don't need EA to get perfect player likenesses, or the rare jersey I alone would prefer in game. I would just like EA to give me the ability to create it all myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #46
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
If its possible to make a separate thread for this and kindly make a bullet points of whatever this guy gonna report on? I have an appointment that time, greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #47
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Will there be any more following-up with this, or is what we got all we are going to get?
Old 06-24-2015, 12:03 PM   #48
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Will there be any more following-up with this, or is what we got all we are going to get?
I echo this. Any chance some of the questions in this thread can be addressed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »