Home

Don't care how it looks

This is a discussion on Don't care how it looks within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Don't care how it looks

I'm in my 30's, I've played video games for over 25 years, anything on PS4 is mind blowing to me.

I am sick and tired of the way this game looks being brought up like it's anything special. Of course it looks great, it's 2015 and it's a video game.

What would impress me is signature skating styles, signature shots, a player from Montreal wanting to finish his career with the Canadiens in GM mode. GM tendencies, Franchise tendencies, Owner tendencies, and general team management tendencies. I want to see the Pens always trading 1st round picks away to try to win now as long as they have Crosby and Malkin. I want to see teams plan for the future, plan for free agents 2-3 years down the road, plan for their RFA's to be resigned or traded. I want teams to play their brand of hockey, I want the Red Wings to have a higher chance of finding a top 6 forward in the late rounds of the draft, and I want that player to spend at least a year in the AHL riding the bus. I want to see players remember a cheap shot for a few years, I want to see a playoff series get out of hand, and refs letting them play.

I don't give a rats *** how much better it looks, because it simply all looks more than good enough to play. It's a complete farce to say it looks good as if there should be a feather stuck in EA's hat for a job well done. They have made more than enough money via HUT to hire people to create tendencies. I don't need neon yellow tape, nobody does as it's an NHL game and I can't remember the last time an NHL player had neon yellow or lime green tape. It's wasted time/effort/money putting little stupid things like that into the game.

grandpa out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

lucwolfe's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Don't care how it looks

Okay I really really want to have a solid gameplay before the graphics, oh wait, that's likely how the general feeling is for hardcore gamers. The graphics element will slowly face away in the next years since the console are getting so close to reality. The fact is EA Sports won't make a game to please you, every time they make a step in the right direction they remove other Elements so in those next years they can say we finally have big collision into the bench, broken glass.

EA makes a vicious rotation with their feature and for that they are losing respect to a lot of gamers. Every time they add some element and pulled another they give a reason that it was causing an error and we felt like doing it right on the first attempt. Right there it shows a lack of skill from their P.A. department plus it shows they their coding crew can't program at all.

When I was invited to EA it showed another image that I didn't think of before or maybe I was just innocent. The Developer need to go to their boss and "say this is what we want to add" and than the boss decides to what to add and at what budget. So that got me thinking and I came to a conclusion. We're not getting our game and they don't respect their image: "It's in the Game"

Don't get me wrong, the NHL game isn't awful.... well maybe NHL 15, they have done great things but they will not bring this series to greatness anytime soon.

EA Sports are teasing gamers in the upcoming weeks with the mascots. That's a cool addition to the presentation, but it surely doesn't improve their gameplay that's getting old and repetitive.

I Love hockey and their video games but we're not getting any love from them.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I must say I don't think the game looked that great compared to some of the other games that came out on next gen.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I must say I don't think the game looked that great compared to some of the other games that came out on next gen.
I agree. Player models in particular are still horrible. They should be similar to Madden. If Madden can do it with 22 players on field, 10 players on a smaller surface should be easier? In fact, this game has regressed. Nothing next gen here. Serious question: what looks next gen v. PS3 version? Someone please remind me....
Old 07-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #5
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
same here. I was less than impressed TBH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
Rookie

redslumber's Arena

To be fair. NHL 15 does look much better than 14. It was nice initially, but I've grown accustomed to it and it no longer amazes me.

16 will look the same as this year's iteration, so It would surprise me if they pulled out graphics development as an excuse for another ****ty game.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by datdoodiemane
I'm in my 30's, I've played video games for over 25 years, anything on PS4 is mind blowing to me.

I am sick and tired of the way this game looks being brought up like it's anything special. Of course it looks great, it's 2015 and it's a video game.

What would impress me is signature skating styles, signature shots, a player from Montreal wanting to finish his career with the Canadiens in GM mode. GM tendencies, Franchise tendencies, Owner tendencies, and general team management tendencies. I want to see the Pens always trading 1st round picks away to try to win now as long as they have Crosby and Malkin. I want to see teams plan for the future, plan for free agents 2-3 years down the road, plan for their RFA's to be resigned or traded. I want teams to play their brand of hockey, I want the Red Wings to have a higher chance of finding a top 6 forward in the late rounds of the draft, and I want that player to spend at least a year in the AHL riding the bus. I want to see players remember a cheap shot for a few years, I want to see a playoff series get out of hand, and refs letting them play.

I don't give a rats *** how much better it looks, because it simply all looks more than good enough to play. It's a complete farce to say it looks good as if there should be a feather stuck in EA's hat for a job well done. They have made more than enough money via HUT to hire people to create tendencies. I don't need neon yellow tape, nobody does as it's an NHL game and I can't remember the last time an NHL player had neon yellow or lime green tape. It's wasted time/effort/money putting little stupid things like that into the game.

grandpa out!

I read the first sentence and thought, "oh great, another rant by some idiot", but I read on and thought to myself this guy has something. You brought up some great points about the management 'tendencies' of Be a GM. I %100 agree with you on everything you said. It's pure authenticity that this game needs/lacks. I think with the new player morale feature that's being added into NHL 16 will steer this ship in the right direction. Having said that, it has taken too long for us to have these ideas into the game and I don't see it happening anytime soon to be honest. I'm with you on the fact that I prefer the management aspect of Be a GM as opposed to gameplay. I want to be able to hire scouts and assistant GM's with abilities to find diamond in the rough (did I say it right?) prospects. EA has wasted a lot of its resources into little things like the stick tape(s) you were talking about.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

If you prefer management aspects over gameplay then play a text sim game . I prefer gameplay, management and graphics.
Not attactking you just saying.

Last edited by TDKing; 07-03-2015 at 03:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »