Home

A Little Info

This is a discussion on A Little Info within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
A Little Info

Stuff I picked up off twitter:

—The duplicate CAP glitch is gone. All CAPs will be exactly where you want them.

—This includes creating draftable players! For example, if you create a 17/yo US D, leaving him unassigned and he'll go into the United States Defensemen players pool.

—You can edit equipment in GM Mode (not attrbiutes).

—Most Pro Series team names have been added to the game.

—EASHL player builds are 'like a second liner.

—Passing is 'like 14, but better'

—No create team feature this year

—Player Morale affects AHL (which is playable)

—Simming speed has been improved

—Strategies save permanently.

Note: Oohwayy will post with the good stuff after he gets home. I just went through a few tweets and grabbed this info. He'll be able to tell you more things and everything in much more detail (everything sounds exciting).

Last edited by AdamJones113; 07-17-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Little Info

How about an inactivity timer for people who join a game and aren't there for the whole period? Or WHOLE GAME?
Old 07-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Stuff I picked up off twitter:
...from the Gamechangers visit last weekend? Are they allowed to talk about their visit yet? Any of them do a writeup yet?
Old 07-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
...from the Gamechangers visit last weekend? Are they allowed to talk about their visit yet? Any of them do a writeup yet?
Pretty sure the visit was during this week, and just wrapped up. A few of them have been tweeting the past couple of days. I would expect some info from them this weekend/next week.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:28 AM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Really nice reporting.

Was physical growth in for prospects last year? It was a great add in NHL 13, and other than the height glitch making tall players reset to 5'0" it worked very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

No editing attributes in BeAGM? Isn't this the opposite of what we were told before? Can we edit attributes before we start our GM and have it be in for the start?

This really doesn't concern me as I can't stand to play against the horrible AI and go 75-7 every season on the hardest settings, but I know a ton of people in this community care about editing attributes.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
No editing attributes in BeAGM? Isn't this the opposite of what we were told before? Can we edit attributes before we start our GM and have it be in for the start?

This really doesn't concern me as I can't stand to play against the horrible AI and go 75-7 every season on the hardest settings, but I know a ton of people in this community care about editing attributes.
Agreed. I'd like to have full autonomy over my BaGM universe if I feel I want to use it. I don't care if they put in an option for full editing that disables the ability to earn trophies/achievements if the worry is someone "fixing" the game to "unfairly" earn them.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

It's important to me. There's no reason for them to lock editing in my offline BeAGm mode other than them sending me the message that it is their game and I'll play it as they like. I don't like their ratings, I don't like their progression, I want to tweak as I see fit as I go along.

I stopped buying the EA Hockey series b/c once I played games that weren't locked (The Show, NBA2k, NCAA Football, Madden) I realized that even though my favourite sport is hockey, and I'm OK with the graphics and gameplay, it does not have the same replay value if I can't tweak. And with the franchise mode I found I was constantly restarting my franchise b/c of the locked ratings.

The only game I buy that has ratings locked is FIFA - and that game is a lot more fun to play than hockey.

Frankly, it went from a 'no buy' to a 'buy' as soon as I heard that ratings in offline franchise modes might be editable. And now it's back to 'no buy.' Without that single feature I might as well pass and just rent the game and play a season with it b/c it won't be worth it to me to purchase. It may sound silly to some, but if you're an exclusively offline, franchise mode player it's likely an incredibly important feature to have available. For me it makes all the difference for my enjoyment of the game, and my decision to purchase the product or not.

And it's especially galling that you can't edit in franchise mode b/c there is simply no reason whatsoever that it is locked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »