Home

NHL 16 Trailer - EASHL Gameplay Footage and Fan Interviews

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Trailer - EASHL Gameplay Footage and Fan Interviews within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16: New EASHL Video Featuring Gameplay Footage and Fan Interviews

Nobody does pr videos like EA. How many time was the term "new game" and "new experience" used in this video? Reminds me of the youtubers hyping up BF4 and BFH before release. Phrases like "they changed everything", "completely new experience" allow me not to take them seriously. They themselves admitted in the Q&A that they didn't change everything. Call me skeptical but I'll be waiting for a deep discount before purchasing. Another thing I noticed is that goalies are still not required to push of when down in the butterfly to move, smh. It's 2015 and even fifa has had footplanting for a while now, something as simple as that seems basic. Even nhl 2k8 had it.

Last edited by TheCloser; 07-28-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #10
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

First thing I noted: I would want to punch whoever choose the orange vs yellow jersey matchup in the face! Haha.

Liked hearing the part about the cycle. My club uses the cycle a lot. We have a about a dozen or so plays we run off of the corner cycle on offense. Hopefully this helps us use it to our advantage more.

I am very weary about the club setup screen when getting into a game. The counter showed 40 seconds counting down to select your builds. I see a lot of trolling happening with that. Other teams continually changing their player type until the timer is about to run out and then just quitting the game before it starts. It happens now in OTP all of the time, why bring that aspect of the game to club? There has to be a better way.

If they are doing it that way then they should show us the record of the opposing club and their stats for the individual players. So we get a scouting report. They worry about people quitting out over that, but what team in real life goes into a game blindly? Even in beer leagues you get stats from most rinks and scouting reports from other players in the league that you bs with.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #11
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCloser
Nobody does pr videos like EA. How many time was the term "new game" and "new experience" used in this video? Reminds me of the youtubers hyping up BF4 and BFH before release. Phrases like "they changed everything", "completely new experience" allow me not to take them seriously. They themselves admitted in the Q&A that they didn't change everything. Call me skeptical but I'll be waiting for a deep discount before purchasing. Another thing I noticed is that goalies are still not required to push of when down in the butterfly to move, smh. It's 2015 and even fifa has had footplanting for a while now, something as simple as that seems basic. Even nhl 2k8 had it.
Yeah, and this is essentially what EA is using the Gamechanger program for. Marketing.

They picked the biggest voices that appealed to the largest audiences online. If they can wine and dine those guys then half their PR work is done for them.

I am not saying that the game won't be improved, but look at how awful it was that it has to be compared to. I have yet to hear any of the Gamechangers speak an ill word over any of what they saw. At a certain point you become afraid to bite the hand that feeds so you don't get those perks pulled from you. And even if that is not the case, they often are just overwhelmed with the entire experience and can't see the whole picture now.

The stuff that we ask that has not been fixed is "they know about it and are hopeful to address it down the line". Great, but how long have we heard that for?

I am happy that the program exists and that we are getting our feedback heard. It is a good thing. But we must also remember what all comes with this program. And marketing is very much a part of that. So we have to take things with a grain of salt and we won't really know what we are getting until we have our hands on it for a while. Which is what EA wants, apparently. Cause, once again, they have released nearly no media of their game in action. All we have to go off of is the Gamechangers (which haven't really been available around here much) and the Q&A's (which have left a lot to be desired).

This beta and the early access should hopefully let us really know what is different about this game. I applaud them for allowing us to play those, at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 02:57 PM   #12
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Yeah, and this is essentially what EA is using the Gamechanger program for. Marketing.

They picked the biggest voices that appealed to the largest audiences online. If they can wine and dine those guys then half their PR work is done for them.

I am not saying that the game won't be improved, but look at how awful it was that it has to be compared to. I have yet to hear any of the Gamechangers speak an ill word over any of what they saw. At a certain point you become afraid to bite the hand that feeds so you don't get those perks pulled from you. And even if that is not the case, they often are just overwhelmed with the entire experience and can't see the whole picture now.

The stuff that we ask that has not been fixed is "they know about it and are hopeful to address it down the line". Great, but how long have we heard that for?

I am happy that the program exists and that we are getting our feedback heard. It is a good thing. But we must also remember what all comes with this program. And marketing is very much a part of that. So we have to take things with a grain of salt and we won't really know what we are getting until we have our hands on it for a while. Which is what EA wants, apparently. Cause, once again, they have released nearly no media of their game in action. All we have to go off of is the Gamechangers (which haven't really been available around here much) and the Q&A's (which have left a lot to be desired).

This beta and the early access should hopefully let us really know what is different about this game. I applaud them for allowing us to play those, at least.
There's a game changer who did an extensive interview talking about the game on what he saw, he talked about things he like and disliked based on what he saw. But those guys aren't going to bash the game, they're not brought in for that.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #13
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
There's a game changer who did an extensive interview talking about the game on what he saw, he talked about things he like and disliked based on what he saw. But those guys aren't going to bash the game, they're not brought in for that.
Do you have a link to this interview?
Golden State Warriors
Old 07-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #14
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
I'm not suggesting anyone bash the game, but call a spade a spade. Because what happens in the end is that you only hurt your own credibility if the game drops and has legacy issues that have been there for half a decade.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:24 PM   #15
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
Do you have a link to this interview?
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...e?sf39515793=1

This is the best one that I have read, thus far. He touched on a lot of areas and spoke with his actual impressions and thoughts on the things he saw, not just regurgitating what EA has been saying and touting about the game. It is not as in-depth as we might have wished, but out of all the Game Changers his is the best communication with the fan side that I have seen yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #16
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

The passing, especially D to D, looks phenomenal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »