Home

NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Until Aug. 7

This is a discussion on NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Until Aug. 7 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2015, 02:20 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Until Au

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
There is still no situational awareness by the AI. And no comprehension of the clock. You have to adjust strategies on the fly for different situations or they will just do whatever they are originally programmed to. It is not easy to adjust strategies on the fly in this game.

And what is with the god forsaken cpu dman pinning themselves on their own boards behind the net?! This is like the 5th year in a row with this bs. In what world would anyone ever willingly trap themselves in a way that they couldn't move the puck effectively in their own zone?

How are these things not brought up in game changers meetings and adjusted at some point? 5 years now!

And I hate watching the game from the penalty box. Give us the option to watch it overhead or from a regular camera. If I'm not playing with a first person camera then I shouldn't be subjected to a different camera when not on the ice.
AI is much improved, my only gripe is when their near any net they struggle to hold the puck, or do a breakout pass, but otherwise, huge improvements from 15 from all the games I played. I don't come in expecting EA to blow everybody out the water, and with that said, they've done an overall great job from the garbage that was 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 02:24 PM   #42
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Extended Until Au

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNitwitable7
AI is much improved, my only gripe is when their near any net they struggle to hold the puck, or do a breakout pass, but otherwise, huge improvements from 15 from all the games I played. I don't come in expecting EA to blow everybody out the water, and with that said, they've done an overall great job from the garbage that was 15.
15 was such a joke and set the bar so low that they could have removed the ice, sticks, and arenas and the game would have still been better this year. I won't compare this game to 15 to make it seem better. Rather just compare it to past EASHL experiences. And AI is pretty awful, still.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:30 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
15 was such a joke and set the bar so low that they could have removed the ice, sticks, and arenas and the game would have still been better this year. I won't compare this game to 15 to make it seem better. Rather just compare it to past EASHL experiences. And AI is pretty awful, still.
You have a point, but I just feel like they're supportive and they can actually help you on offense and defense, they aren't trash for sure.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:10 PM   #44
Rookie

trainerdave's Arena

OVR: 1

Definitely seeing an issue with scoring any way but what people have been complaining about. Other than that, love the beta. We've only played 3 games, and sadly lost all 3, but more or less trying to pick apart the BETA and look for flaws to report.

Lot's of complaints here and and most are valid. Don't forget that is why this is a BETA, make sure you are leaving feedback for EASports otherwise nothing will get changed.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:44 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

And I hate watching the game from the penalty box. Give us the option to watch it overhead or from a regular camera. If I'm not playing with a first person camera then I shouldn't be subjected to a different camera when not on the ice.
I actually think it adds to the idea of not wanting to take a penalty because you miss out on whats going on in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 09:30 PM   #46
Just started!

Looking to get a game/join a club.

Psn: jboog726
Old 08-01-2015, 12:20 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Download link in the game isn't showing up for me in the game and I can't find the beta in the store by searching. And PSN apparently doesn't allow me to find the download through my friends list either. Woohoo
Old 08-01-2015, 12:52 AM   #48
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Aside from some A.I issues I think the game plays pretty great. I'm absolutely loving the class system. Gone are the days of dangling your way past opponents or blowing past guys with speed. My friend and I played a few games earlier today and we were fooling around with dumping and chasing, surprisingly it worked pretty well.

I've been using a two way forward as that's what I played as for many years. I also love the little details with the incidental contact between players and subtle stick on puck deflections. I've had a lot of times where a player will make a pass and I'll hit the poke check button and my skater will make a different animation to knock the puck away, causing the puck to go on end or ricochet in a random direction.

All in all loving the game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »