Home

NHL 16 Goalie Tip - Using the Right Stick

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Goalie Tip - Using the Right Stick within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 16 Goalie Tip - Using the Right Stick

The Right Stick isn't anticipation anymore, but I see a TON of goalies still use it as such and they kill their positioning that way.

Save that right stick for when you absolutely need it, use it incorrectly and you leave an open net.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 09:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 16 Goalie Tip - Using the Right Stick

That was a huge adjustment. My understanding is you basically just get in the way of the puck and let the game do the work now?
Old 07-31-2015, 11:34 PM   #3
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Is that not how it was before?

It's all about positioning, but now, from how I understand it, you're more in control of exactly how the goalie moves. No more desperation saves when it's un-needed.

From the videos I've see he results are a more realistic goalie experience where you get beat on rebounds more often than top cheese when you're square to the puck.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:37 PM   #4
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Is that not how it was before?

It's all about positioning, but now, from how I understand it, you're more in control of exactly how the goalie moves. No more desperation saves when it's un-needed.

From the videos I've see he results are a more realistic goalie experience where you get beat on rebounds more often than top cheese when you're square to the puck.
In previous games moving the RS to either side was 'anticipation'. It's basically guessing where they're going to shoot. It would give you a bit extra of a reach with you're limbs but it had no affect on goalie movement whatsoever.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #5
Rookie

The two videos I've seen from you seriously helped me adjust to this game quickly. I wanted to Thank you. Especially the first video where you said divide the crease into thirds. Made 16 a whole lot more fun. I've been playing goalie almost exclusively since it came out and I had a tough time breaking old habits with this one. So thanks for the info! Maybe we'll be matched up sometime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesushaxyou
The two videos I've seen from you seriously helped me adjust to this game quickly. I wanted to Thank you. Especially the first video where you said divide the crease into thirds. Made 16 a whole lot more fun. I've been playing goalie almost exclusively since it came out and I had a tough time breaking old habits with this one. So thanks for the info! Maybe we'll be matched up sometime.
Thanks Jesus. Comments like this make my day and then some. Challenge accepted and see you on the ice!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »