Home

Your Thoughts on the EASHL Beta

This is a discussion on Your Thoughts on the EASHL Beta within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #97
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Your Thoughts on the EASHL Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
sure you have.
Cane and I were able to move up fairly quickly and we played a few teams in division one... Had we had today and tomorrow, I think he and I would have made division one, we got to division 3 in 6 days so I see it was doable fairly quickly... Once we got up higher, we were recognizing a few more names from years past...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 08-11-2015, 10:52 PM   #98
Banned

lions67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Cane and I were able to move up fairly quickly and we played a few teams in division one... Had we had today and tomorrow, I think he and I would have made division one, we got to division 3 in 6 days so I see it was doable fairly quickly... Once we got up higher, we were recognizing a few more names from years past...
sorry G, but 2 man teams dont rate for anything.
not intended to be a shot at you guys or anyone else that chooses to to play 2 man so if i offended, i apologize in advance.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:21 PM   #99
Rookie

no1xdraftpck's Arena

OVR: 0

Lions,

Yeah I didnt have a full 6's team most of the time we were playing, but mostly played with a min of 4 guys. Always with a user goalie, which I think helped us in terms of winning more games. But thanks for your input!
Old 08-13-2015, 01:42 AM   #100
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
sorry G, but 2 man teams dont rate for anything.
not intended to be a shot at you guys or anyone else that chooses to to play 2 man so if i offended, i apologize in advance.
Not offended, just a personal choice to play with fewer. With more on the team, there is so much covering for others that are consistently out of position, just doesn't make the game fun... I tried it with you guys, just spent a lot of time in the DR waiting for a game when we could have gotten 1 in while waiting for others.

Then typically with full squads you have people that fight for certain positions, with two or three man, we can play where we want... I never use a human goalie on my team, just a personal preference to not have. While the game isn't so much about winning or losing, it does feel better going 54 games and having a plus 48 when in the 6 I played with full squads I was a minus 12. That right there tells me that while it was a beta, it wasn't do much about figuring out the game and positioning, it was about rushing the play, dman joint the rush leaving 3 on 1 rushes the other way on many occasions, I just didn't get enjoyment out of that.

We will run 2 man a lot this year, and will probably make division 1 quickly. We have a night crew, and a Canadian central time crew that will overlap for maybe a game or two but then back to 2's...

Again, not offended, just a personal choice. With the type of game Cane and Zi play, we are better suited for two man for success, as are several others we ran across... And we hooked up against three 5 man teams and won all three, so two man can't be all that bad. I mean it is for conversationalists, I am rather quiet while playing, and turn off my mic and most of the chat and listen to doc emmerick... Large clubs are geared for the more social players. I am not social, I'd rather sign on, get into the DR , set a position and get in a game. Typically we can get five games in in the amount a full squad gets two due to waiting for guys, guys taking smoke breaks, etc. that's just not me or Cane, we are already ready to get back into a game as soon as the game ends... This is the advantage of two man...

We'll see you guys this year probably. Will be a good game, look forward to it...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »