Home

offline gameplay??

This is a discussion on offline gameplay?? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 02:29 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: offline gameplay??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
we gonna get anything else besides the one minute or so theyve shown?

since wevarent getting a demo id like to see howvthe game plays at least before i buy it. im not an online player.
It looks like they've made several improvements to Be-A-Pro, which is basically all I played in 15 on PS4. And honestly, as bare bones as it was last year, I still enjoyed it. So the stuff they've added is a plus for me. That's my glass half-full take on it atm.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #10
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Unless something surfaces that totally changes my mind I have decided to pick it up upon release. I have felt all along that this will NHL14 next gen and though aggravating I will play it because I'm hockey starved. I am pretty much a strictly offline season mode guy and a hardcore hockey fan. Those of you who want to wait on buying I will post an honest and thorough review. I will create a thread if needed prior to release and guys can ask me to look for specific things. I'm not much of a BeaGM guy but will check into stuff for those who are.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #11
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Thanks, man. That'd be great. Just out of curiosity, why season mode? I like it too, just curious as to what your reasons are...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #12
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Thanks, man. That'd be great. Just out of curiosity, why season mode? I like it too, just curious as to what your reasons are...
I prefer season mode because I'm a control freak and anal. I like the ability to control, edit, and manage all teams rosters and lines. I play a whole season as my Rangers and will occasionally play some of the other games in a good match up. I like to keep up with the real moves of the NHL and set all team lines but I don't want to be bothered with contracts and such required by BeaGM. All those reasons above made NHL15 a disaster for me.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:32 PM   #13
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I prefer season mode because I'm a control freak and anal. I like the ability to control, edit, and manage all teams rosters and lines. I play a whole season as my Rangers and will occasionally play some of the other games in a good match up. I like to keep up with the real moves of the NHL and set all team lines but I don't want to be bothered with contracts and such required by BeaGM. All those reasons above made NHL15 a disaster for me.
My thoughts exactly. Plus, in season mode, you can edit each team's play style and really give each squad their own identity.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Like to add that Season Mode is the only option if you want to play a season with another league than NHL. Like the european ones for us euros. Cant do that with Be a GM.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #15
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Maybe i'm being too harsh, but i'm taking the near total lack of gameplay vs the ai being shown (again) as not exactly showing a lot of confidence in what their bringing to the table. I mean there are some developers that actually show off thier games, right?
I know what you mean about AI gameplay not being shown. I WAS able to get both the team-mate AI and opponent AI to be at least serviceable with NHL 15, but only after EXTENSIVE adjustment and tweaking of sliders.

Even then, it was a bit hit or miss some games (opponent would get a realistic 25 shots one game with a realistic 2-3 goals, and 55 the next, with only 2-3 goals; or only get 12 shots in a game but score 6 goals). And often times I'd have to consciously remind myself to play the game a certain way to make it more realistic. But still, it was mostly enjoyable for a while after finally getting the sliders set about right. A damn shame it literally took me probably 25-30 games to find a balance though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #16
Banned

illmatic04's Arena

OVR: 4

offline play is outdated, it's all about online now .. but considering your question you can buy EA Access for $5 for one month (if on Xbox One) and try out the full game on Sep 10th before buying it

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »