Home

Is this looking as great as I think it is or is disappointment looming?

This is a discussion on Is this looking as great as I think it is or is disappointment looming? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2015, 11:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is this looking as great as I think it is or is disappointment looming?

I've read quite a bit on this and the changes and additions sound great. Does everyone/anyone have confidence in this year's release?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 12:58 AM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is this looking as great as I think it is or is disappointment looming?

EA's been suspiciously quite leading up to release, giving a lot of generic or vague answers to simple and direct questions. They keep on saying that it's going to be awesome, but honestly I got burned with last years purchase and this just seems like more of the same. I will, at the very least, wait until the reviews and some gameplay videos come out.

To put this in context, I only play offline, Be a GM.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
EA's been suspiciously quite leading up to release, giving a lot of generic or vague answers to simple and direct questions. They keep on saying that it's going to be awesome, but honestly I got burned with last years purchase and this just seems like more of the same. I will, at the very least, wait until the reviews and some gameplay videos come out.

To put this in context, I only play offline, Be a GM.
That's me too a lot too.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:30 AM   #4
Rookie

I think for the guys that only play the one mode exclusively you may not be overjoyed with the final product, but that is because they put a lot of time and effort into improving several modes, so I doubt there will be any groundbreaking features in the modes that you favour most. Though they should hopefully be fully playable again unlike last years version.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #5
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

The initial looks at Be A Pro look promising. And honestly, I thought last year's game was decent after making a LOT of tweeks and adjustments to sliders. I mean a LOT. But still, I had quite a bit of enjoyable game play after getting the sliders to a good combination.

Be a Pro was a total waste with the ability to sim to next shift being removed last year. I think I played about 5 games of BaP and gave up on it. So just the fact that they added the sim to next shift back in is very appreciated. Obviously all of the other missing features were severely missed by a lot of people too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #6
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

I'm on the "looking great" side. 15 wasn't an awful hockey game by any stretch, I played a ton and enjoyed it even though it was lacking in modes and features. Based on what I've seen and played of 16, it's a step up both feature-wise and content-wise, so that's enough for me.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

It looks like its shaping up to be a minor improvement overall compared to where the series left off last gen now that most of the game modes and features have been restored.

A.I. still isnt up to an acceptable standard and the lack of options in the corners and in front of the net still result in it being videogame hockey.

If you can get past that, or EASHL, Be A Pro or Be a GM interest you they all seem to be improved.

Im excited because I pretty much skipped NHL15 but imo we are far from this "looking great" at this point.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3

As long as Rammer is still in charge..the game will be garbage. The series was in much better hands when Dave Littman was in charge. The current crew continues to under-impress year after year and is still allowed to make the game. It's unfortunate.

Now, i know some of you will probably bash me for it, which is fine. Be a fanboy all you want. As long is these guys are in charge (and like most sports games...dont have a competitor game to push them) we will most likely get mediocre-at-best games.

There. I said it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »