Home

Can we play shortened seasons in NHL16?

This is a discussion on Can we play shortened seasons in NHL16? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 12:36 AM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Can we play shortened seasons in NHL16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
You really don't need a shortened season anymore since they brought back the simming feature from the past. You can quick sim any, and every game. By period. Join in whenever you want even. I used to play shortened season's, but when they changed simming, I stopped and just played half games. Or final periods. Or overtimes. And played the full games against teams I wanted to play.

It's a cool feature, assuming they brought it back working the same way it did previously.
That sounds like a nice option....but personally, I just don't like simming. If I lose more than I win, it doesn't feel right to breeze into the playoffs because I get lucky in the simmed games. And the opposite scenario ofcourse would suck equally.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #10
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

Looks like Im not buying the game again this year, which is a shame. I don't have the patience for an 82 game season and I hate simming, I like all the W/L's and stats to be mine. Seems like something so simple to add.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Nope.

Characters
Really? Even in season mode? I swear this was in at some point in the past few years, wasn't it? That's crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Deal breaker for me
Old 09-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

There is no single season mode in NHL 15 on PS4/Xbox One. There's only Be A GM, which does not include the option to play anything less than the full 82-game schedule.

Single season mode is being brought back this year for NHL 16 on PS4/Xbox One.

On PS3 and Xbox 360, where single season mode was never taken away, you could not set the length to anything other than 82 games.

EA hasn't confirmed whether or not we'll finally have the option to decrease the number of games per season on PS4/Xbox One. I suppose we will find out when EA Access goes live next week.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
This is actually one of the reasons I haven't bought the game since '08.

I will admit, I am pretty casual when it comes to both the NHL and hockey video games. I just play offline, don't have near the time (nor attention span) to play an 82 game season...but don't like simming games. So the current EA game does leave a gap for me (despite all the other modes).

But note that while I am not a hardcore fan, I am a potential customer. I have played (and enjoyed) hockey games since 2x2 Atari (Activision) up through Blades of Steel, NES Fat guy-middle guy-Skinny guy, EA, 2K etc.
We are very similar buddy. I too can't sim. i want stats to be mine. i want to earn my way in playoffs and win a cup. And i too don't have the attention span to play long seasons.

But here is the trick i do. NO offsides.. NO icings.... NO fights.. NO penalties.. And 4 min periods. I tell ya, hardly any whistles.. just non stop action. Games take an avg of 11 min to play. That's it. I play 4 games in the morning.. 4 at night.. Goes by so fast. I finish an 82 gm season, including playoffs in an avg of 12 days. In a full real NHL season.. i can have close to 20 seasons played in full incl playoffs.

of course raise shooting accuracy so you dont play 1-0 games.. my avg scores are 4-3, 4-2.. stats are very realistic..

You should try it.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #15
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

Can anyone confirm if we can alter the season length now that the game is out? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »