Home

Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Franchise mode? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Franchise mode?

So I am not a big NHL guy but I do watch the sharks and I do like to play NHL games even though I only understand part of the rules and the last NHL game I had I think was 13 on PS3. I was thinking about getting last years though because it being on the new systems has I tend to only get NHL games ever sever years. But I heard last years game was missing a lot of things in franchise mode and franchise mode is all I play in sports games so I skipped last year. I being a causal fan have not really kept up with what is going on this year but my question is does franchise mode sound like it is going to be good this year? Or is it going to still be missing a lot of things like last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So I am not a big NHL guy but I do watch the sharks and I do like to play NHL games even though I only understand part of the rules and the last NHL game I had I think was 13 on PS3. I was thinking about getting last years though because it being on the new systems has I tend to only get NHL games ever sever years. But I heard last years game was missing a lot of things in franchise mode and franchise mode is all I play in sports games so I skipped last year. I being a causal fan have not really kept up with what is going on this year but my question is does franchise mode sound like it is going to be good this year? Or is it going to still be missing a lot of things like last year?
If i remember right, NHL15 on the previous generation consoles had all of the normal features. It was just lacking the graphical upgrades that required the higher processing power of the next-gen systems.
If you can, maybe see if you can find it on Redbox and rent it for a night to see if it's worth it.
From everything I can see, NHL16 should be an improvement over NHL15. But, I can't say for sure on last-gen, so it might be worth it to get it in rental form if possible.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
If i remember right, NHL15 on the previous generation consoles had all of the normal features. It was just lacking the graphical upgrades that required the higher processing power of the next-gen systems.
If you can, maybe see if you can find it on Redbox and rent it for a night to see if it's worth it.
From everything I can see, NHL16 should be an improvement over NHL15. But, I can't say for sure on last-gen, so it might be worth it to get it in rental form if possible.

While I want a hockey game on ps4 with the new graphical upgrades but I want the gold old franchise mode. Was just wondering if these year looked a lot better then last year or not. Things missing is like the reason I skipped EA golf game this year to. I have yet to see a redbox that has ps4 or xboxone games. All the redboxs I have seen only have ps3, xbox360 and wii u games. It really sucks not having things like block buster around any more. I don't normal rent games but sucks that there is no way to really do that now if you want to.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
Rookie

I'm sure I read on here they've made improvements to franchise mode this season.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB1990
I'm sure I read on here they've made improvements to franchise mode this season.
Not to be negative, or anything, but they made "changes." Whether those changes represent "improvements" remain to be seen. I think the big things seem to be team chemistry, and interactions with players, neither of which interest me. Still no word of any improved stat tracking (which has been my biggest gripe for several versions of NHL).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 08:35 AM   #6
Just started!

Whether those changes represent "improvements" remain to be seen.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Not to be negative, or anything, but they made "changes." Whether those changes represent "improvements" remain to be seen. I think the big things seem to be team chemistry, and interactions with players, neither of which interest me. Still no word of any improved stat tracking (which has been my biggest gripe for several versions of NHL).

I agree, it'll be better than last years but by how much I don't know.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

From the looks of several GameChanger vids this week GM is a lot better this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »