Home

So is NHL 16 a should-buy this year?

This is a discussion on So is NHL 16 a should-buy this year? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #9
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6
Re: So is NHL 16 a should-buy this year?

I gave NHL15 (360 version) about 4 out of 10 stars. I give NHL16 -- with no AI on the ice -- 8 out 10 stars. My biggest knock is the repetitive commentary.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey hrudey32 Happy to see you are still around man. I am hoping for a better turn out from EA than last year. I have had no hockey games in my life for well past a year now. That is off-set by discovering the Dark Souls series (masterpieces btw) so it hasnt been too bad. Getting set for the NHL schedule upcoming and am stoked for my Oilers with the massive changes in the off-season and of course McJesus.

It would be nice to get a solid game from EA, would be nice but currently pretty jaded about it all, realistically I am not expecting much but maybe they will surprise me this year.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #11
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Lots of people complaining about a game they haven't played, with no research into changes.

The on ice portion feels pretty different. The pace is more realistic. Pucks can no longer be thrown threw sticks and skates. If you're not square to the puck it's harder to receive. Goalies are much better to stop pucks they're square too. You have to cycle to beat them by moving them with passing. Player differential is much better.

It is ok to dislike the game because they don't like a feature, but it isn't okay to spread misinformation due to laziness. We have Google, Twitter, Twitch, EAs website, and youtube. This is 2015, learn to use these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Player differential is much better.
This is huge to me! That has been my biggest gripe about the series for years. BeAGM loses appeal if the players are too similar. I now have hope where before little existed!
Old 09-10-2015, 03:06 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Lots of people complaining about a game they haven't played, with no research into changes.

The on ice portion feels pretty different. The pace is more realistic. Pucks can no longer be thrown threw sticks and skates. If you're not square to the puck it's harder to receive. Goalies are much better to stop pucks they're square too. You have to cycle to beat them by moving them with passing. Player differential is much better.

It is ok to dislike the game because they don't like a feature, but it isn't okay to spread misinformation due to laziness. We have Google, Twitter, Twitch, EAs website, and youtube. This is 2015, learn to use these.
Regarding player differential, is it much better for the user or CPU?
Watching that Min-Chi game, it looked to me that the CPU could still do things that the user can't.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Yes, spreading misinformation is not the thing to do. I am not doing that at any rate, I do not have much to go on this year and since these are EA NHL forums, it should be a pretty knowledgeable place to ask how the game is shaping up this year. A place for discussion no?

The thing I have lurking in the back of my mind if going off of past versions of the game, I am hoping there is some big changes but we will see. Like I mentioned earlier, I am jaded but hopeful, going off my past experiences with this series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »