Home

NHL 16 Create-a-Player question

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Create-a-Player question within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 16 Create-a-Player question

Now, if they had more play-by-play names. Used to be that my last name was in the game. That's no longer the case.

I wonder if they can work with the talent while the game is out and patch in more names. Not that I think they would, but...
Old 09-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

So, players that you create that have been drafted, so long as they are placed on a Euro club, will not have a contract, no matter the contract length or amount you "give" them as you create them. When you sign them, you can move them between NHL and AHL, no matter how young they are; they do not drop back to their Euro team. This all works as expected.

There is no way to create an unsigned drafted player on a CHL team. Even if you were to assign a player to a Euro team, then move them to a CHL, then start your GM, they will have a contract for as long and big as when you created them.

Wish list: put a "None" option in contract length in Create a Player.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can u have no play by play name or does it have to be one of the options given? My last name isn't in the and I would rather not go by a different last name
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Can you edit current player names? I'd like to create a classic season and really cannot do it w/o this option.
You cannot edit player names. I wanted to do classic team to. Retired numbers are also set with all teams which I believe was an option to turn off in older generation NHL games. You are forced with retired numbers so you could try and create greats from the past. Try and create Robitaille or Gretzky, they cannot wear 20 or 99 on the Kings.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
Now, if they had more play-by-play names. Used to be that my last name was in the game. That's no longer the case.

I wonder if they can work with the talent while the game is out and patch in more names. Not that I think they would, but...
There are many more names in the archive, similar to the old-gen series.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:43 PM   #14
Rookie

Does anyone know what the limit on how many Created Players you can have in one roster?

Asking because I want to add some American/NCAA/Russian prospects for Be a GM?
Old 09-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #15
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsantangelo1999
Can u have no play by play name or does it have to be one of the options given? My last name isn't in the and I would rather not go by a different last name

This is what i'd really like to know.

It used to be (in NHL'14, I believe) that by setting "no play by play name" Hughson would call you by your number. I much prefer this over being called "Sabretooth", or some other stupid random nickname.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #16
MVP

You cannot edit player names. I wanted to do classic team to. Retired numbers are also set with all teams which I believe was an option to turn off in older generation NHL games. You are forced with retired numbers so you could try and create greats from the past. Try and create Robitaille or Gretzky, they cannot wear 20 or 99 on the Kings

I actually can turn off retired numbers. At least in season mode. Any idea why EA does not allow us to exit names? You can in Madden. Is a license issue with the NHL?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »