Home

How's Your GM Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your GM Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #33
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

I just started one up with the Hurricanes, yes I'm a glutton for punishment. I played my first game last night with some sliders from a sub forum over. It went well, lost 1-2 to the Preds.

The thing I'm trying to figure out right now is what the most efficient way is to set my lines. I have a few guys who I want playing down in the AHL but if I do "best lines", they get scratched. Therefore if I have any roster moves up or down it takes forever to get them set right with all of the ST lines. Any advice on the matter?
Old 09-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Currently 13-4-3 with my Montreal Canadiens.

Carey Price is on FIRE. He really plays well in this game like

My lines are;

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
De La Rose - Galchenyuk - Semin
Fleishmann - Eller - Kassian
Bournival - Mitchell - Weise

Subban - Markov
Beaulieu - Petry
Tinordi - Gilbert

Price - Tokarski

Currently Semin has 10 goals in 20 games and Pacioretty leads the team with 18 pts in 20 games.

I traded Desharnais] to Edmonton for a prospect
Old 09-25-2015, 03:27 AM   #35
Rookie

Just tweaked rosters myself and am 16 games into my GM with my Blues. So far the team is 11-3-2. I play one out of every four games.

This team is fun to play with. I try to replicate their actual style best I can. Right now my lines are looking like:

Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Lehtera-Berglund
Jaskin-Backes-Brouwer
Ott-Brodziak-Reaves
Lindbohm-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson-Bortuzzo

Jake Allen is pulling away with my #1 goalie spot too. Still using he and Elliott interchangably though for now.

What's crazy is Chicago is 2-11-2 so far. I might be able to cruise through this division.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #36
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

In my play now games.. Allen is definitely playing better than Elliott.

GO BLUES!
Old 09-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #37
Rookie

Playing on Superstar with Hardcore sliders
Started Buffalo and totally reworked the team (start from the bottom now we here :P)
Currently 35-7-5 1st season

Gaudreau(88)(injured) - McDavid(85) - Tarasenko (91)
Hertl(84) - Girgensons(83) - Saad (86)
Sekac(82) - Rask(83) - Eichel(77)
4th line is w.e

Overalls are counting morale. Surprisingly since I lost gaudreau games have been a little more difficult. Also playing with Salary Cap for once hoping I can hold this team.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #38
Rookie

redslumber's Arena

How is everyone handling the "Morale" system in the game this year?

Had a season where I was on route to a playoff spot, traded a guy or two at the deadline and ended up missing the playoffs. Chemistry dropped like 10% in a day.

Also, seem to have run into a problem where almost everyone on the team had some level of animosity towards a teammate. Had too many player meetings where a player was scared of entering the locker room lol.

Imo, the system's a bit too sensitive as of right now. Teams shouldn't suddenly collapse when a player or two get traded. This makes it damn near impossible to do anything as a GM until the off-season.

Holds true at the deadline, where there should be an expectation for us GM's to demote a player if he's playing poorly, or trade him for more usable assets. This shouldn't come as a shock to a bunch of professional athletes, who seem to get butt hurt way too often as their friends leave.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #39
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

Its definitely a flawed system but there is a hint of realism, or at least being a GM feel.

So lets say Im the Bruins and I trade a core locker room player that is labeled "Leader" or "Presence" than many more players will be pissed he left. Some of the lower end locker room influences, especially the bottom of the roster players generally won't cause that huge of an impact because in some cases they actually have "low locker room chemistry" with some, as was the case with Rinaldo when I shipped him.

I think if you're doing deadline deals you have to be careful not to piss off guys that are impactful to your roster. And, if you do then I would suggest doing all your team meetings to boost them back up, or maybe even grant more ice time if its a key 3rd liner.

Its definitely repetive and flawed but I would rather it be there than not because at least you have to consider chemistry between certain players when you make moves, which obviously adds something to the GM experience.

Lastly, in alot of cases, teams adding at the deadline wont move a Top 6 player or Top 4 D. More likely, a draft pick or prospects. So, maybe trading key or at least guys that play alot would be a detriment to alot of locker rooms.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:16 AM   #40
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Right now I a Bruins GM going I am at Nov. 13 and we are currently sitting at 6-3-0. Right just playing and evaluating my team. We are looking for upgrades at goalie and a replacement for Chara. I will tell about the Tampa game. It was as chippy as can be. They injured one of our players and Chara and another Bruin were ejected for game misconducting. All of this taking place early in the first period. Forcing us to play 5-3 hockey for like 10 minutes. But will held on only lost by one goal in the last couple of minutes. The team showed tremendous heart in that game.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »