Home

Be a GM improvements?

This is a discussion on Be a GM improvements? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #33
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Be a GM improvements?

Yes it is. Only reason I was comcerned is because someone posted you could not see AHL stats, just wanted someone to comfirm you could. Because everywhere else I read, supposedly AHl stats are indeed available.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:12 PM   #34
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Yes, AHL stat tracking is in. It's the same as for your NHL team. You just press "option" on PS4 and it switches everything to the AHL.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:23 PM   #35
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Yes, AHL stat tracking is in. It's the same as for your NHL team. You just press "option" on PS4 and it switches everything to the AHL.
So how do u lke the BAGM in 16?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 11:55 PM   #36
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
So how do u lke the BAGM in 16?
I'd say it's up to par with last gen. Sim stats looks pretty good, stuff seems to work, players morale doesn't seem to break the mode in any way. I'm happy to have it back in working order.

For me the gameplay right now is where the major issues are.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:19 AM   #37
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'd say it's up to par with last gen. Sim stats looks pretty good, stuff seems to work, players morale doesn't seem to break the mode in any way. I'm happy to have it back in working order.

For me the gameplay right now is where the major issues are.
It seems from what I hear the only thing missing in Be a GM is the ability to start pre draft. I really liked that!
Old 09-16-2015, 12:25 AM   #38
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

I have already covered this in another post/rant on a different thread, but... GM mode, in my opinion, is bad. The new morale system feels like a forced, uninspired addition (because it seems like every sports game needs it now for some reason), player/team meetings are nothing more than a repetitive guessing game with little variety, the scouting lacks any depth or strategy, every NHL team is above an 85 in attacking/defending/goaltending, yet below a 95 in all of them as well... which means superstars don't stand out as much as they should, and it's harder to discern the difference between a good team from a bad team. Yeah you can edit players now which is a welcome addition but that's a lot of work and really something I shouldn't have to do (at least not to this extent).

Be a GM doesn't need a morale system. It needs a complete overhaul. It needs more responsive menus, more interactive scouting and free agency, better sim times, bigger draft build-up (maybe a top prospects game? Prospect stats? Idk. Anything is better than what we get now), bigger ratings variance (you have a 0-100 ratings scale... use it properly), maybe some kind of training camp report/activities, a more inspired all-star weekend (skills competitions anyone?).... the list goes on.

Last edited by philliesphan026; 09-16-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:22 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
It seems from what I hear the only thing missing in Be a GM is the ability to start pre draft. I really liked that!
That's correct. Totally sucks. I'd be curious to hear what their justification was for removing it. For that reason alone, I refuse to pay full price for this release.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:38 AM   #40
Rookie

I'll post a short review abit later on what I think, was actually abit of a shock to see the amazon pouch come through the door today as for some reason I thought NHL wasn't released here for another week (England).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »