Home

NHL 16 Penalties?

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Penalties? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Penalties?

I agree, EA this is the issue its easy for the ai to just bump you off the puck, not much attempting poke check or stick lifts by the ai so chances of tripping or highsticking or hooking is reduced, as yet not seen an interference pen yet either. BAGM.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:28 PM   #98
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

I was doing some more testing tonight and I was able to draw 4 PPs last game...2 slashing and 2 hooking! I'm using CPU Poke Effectiveness 6, CPU Stick Lift 6, and Aggression 1. The CPU seemed to be more interested in poke checking than body checking which I was VERY happy to see. I even saw a few plays where the CPU did a retreating poke check as I brought the puck into the zone - pretty cool! Anyone else want to test this out with those sliders too? Please post results!
Old 09-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #99
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic
I was doing some more testing tonight and I was able to draw 4 PPs last game...2 slashing and 2 hooking! I'm using CPU Poke Effectiveness 6, CPU Stick Lift 6, and Aggression 1. The CPU seemed to be more interested in poke checking than body checking which I was VERY happy to see. I even saw a few plays where the CPU did a retreating poke check as I brought the puck into the zone - pretty cool! Anyone else want to test this out with those sliders too? Please post results!
Ill try it. Nothing left to lose.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #100
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I have actually drawn a LOT of penalties on the computer by decreasing cpu stick lift, turning up aggression all the way and decreased poke effectiveness, and increasing all penalties across the board on all-star.

A lot of the penalties are tripping, slashing, hooking penalties
Old 09-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #101
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
I have actually drawn a LOT of penalties on the computer by decreasing cpu stick lift, turning up aggression all the way and decreased poke effectiveness, and increasing all penalties across the board on all-star.

A lot of the penalties are tripping, slashing, hooking penalties
My problem with Aggression at 6 is the CPU turns into a wrecking ball and tries to flatten you all the time. With lower aggression, the CPU seems to play better positionally. When the new patch is released for Xbox I will do some more testing with lower aggression and game speed at 1 (instead of 2).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #102
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Tonic...How are you getting on with this?
Have you seen a steady amount of pens?
Old 09-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #103
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Tonic...How are you getting on with this?
Have you seen a steady amount of pens?
Only was able to play one game with this last night. As much as I know to not make judgements based on one game, the fact that I saw 4 CPU penalties of either tripping or hooking, along with the fact the CPU seemed to at least TRY to poke check or stick lift much more frequently is looking promising. I will hopefully be able to get a couple of games in tonight. I still find it crazy that we have to spend hours upon hours tweaking sliders in order to get more than 2 penalties a game called, but it is what it is.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:17 AM   #104
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

For those who are seeing penalties, can you explain exactly what you are doing? I like cycling the puck around the zone. Looking for a point shot, waiting for a deflection chance in front, seeing if a lane opens up. On numerous plays Ill have 8-10 passes before shooting.

No penalties.

Are you guys skating around holding 'protect puck' waiting for a slash?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »