Home

NHL 16 Penalties?

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Penalties? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 16 Penalties?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post here and let you know that I have seen a lot more penalties since I lowered my game speed. I had it at 3 and moved it down to 2 and now all of a sudden I am getting 4-5 penalties on avg/game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 08:48 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Tonic...How are you getting on with this?
Have you seen a steady amount of pens?
Just to add a bit to this, Johnny, I played a handful of games with Tonic's suggestions last night but found the CPU a bit *too* good at getting the puck away from me so lowered the effectiveness down a step for CPU poke check and stick lift and put the CPU aggression to one below halfway.

That played really nicely and on seven minute periods I got three PPs in about two/thirds of the games I played. All tripping, slashing and hooking. There was even a 5 on 3 in there.

I can live with this although it's disappointing that I'm just not seeing major pens or checking infractions committed by the CPU.

I cycle the puck a lot ( so much that Doc starts the "still no shot!", "why's he not shooting? " comments but find that deke-ing with a skilled forward through a pair of defenders with R1 followed by a hustle can bring tripping now a fair bit.

Turning away on puck reception and a quick hustle from anywhere in their offensive zone can bring pens but not as much as you'd think. Not seeing "protect the puck" enticing the CPU either, if anything they keep the sticks a bit more under control - because they have less chance of getting a turnover I'd assume.

All this on Pro, CPU difficulty adjustment fairly high ( forget what exactly ), game speed 2, CPU Human player acceleration 2 also.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #107
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
For those who are seeing penalties, can you explain exactly what you are doing? I like cycling the puck around the zone. Looking for a point shot, waiting for a deflection chance in front, seeing if a lane opens up. On numerous plays Ill have 8-10 passes before shooting.

No penalties.

Are you guys skating around holding 'protect puck' waiting for a slash?
First and foremost make sure you have the latest tuner installed because that alone fixed penalties. No you shouldn't have to fish for penalties. Just dumping and chasing and cycling normally should get you some but I have also seen plenty in the CPU offensive zone. Although a lesson in frustration and not the way it should be, sliders should actually work, it's about finding the right sliders for how you play. Some guys are talking about lowering aggression and that works for them I found have mine at 4 and it's working for me. I found lowering game speed to 2 helped as well. I'm not a big fan of posting sliders because what works for me may be a disaster for someone else but I am getting excellent penalty numbers and I have shots to about 29-41 a game on 10 min periods. Superstar Hardcore (custom)
Old 09-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #108
MVP

How do I know I have the latest tuner? Also I don't have PS plus. Shouldn't it ask me to download the latest tuner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #109
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
How do I know I have the latest tuner? Also I don't have PS plus. Shouldn't it ask me to download the latest tuner?

Are you connected to the internet? Go into play onlibe game select quick match and back out. It should say a tuner update has been installed. It may have installed before that though. Unfortunately EA in their infinite wisdom just over wrote the old tuner so they are the same number (1.01) I wish they would do it like in NHL 14 where each new tuner had a different number this way we could each use the one that works for us and we wouldn't be confused as to wether or not we had it.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #110
MVP

I did that before my ps plus ran out. You can't get into that screen u less you pay for it. When was there a tuner update last? I downloaded one I think a few days after release.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
I did that before my ps plus ran out. You can't get into that screen u less you pay for it. When was there a tuner update last? I downloaded one I think a few days after release.

You'll probably still have the latest tuner then or at worst, the one that increased penalty calling a bit.

I've only downloaded one after taking out my two day free Plus trial but the new tuner was not explicitly labelled as a new version. It will still say v1.00 and Latest in the gameplay version selection.

There was the big patch update yesterday as well but you only need to be connected to the Internet to receive that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #112
MVP

I remember last year a tuner update just popped up without being in an online game

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »