Home

NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 12:37 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

Anyone else notice your lines are being selected automatically even if line changes are on "manual"?
Old 09-16-2015, 01:04 AM   #74
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesFan9
Anyone can answer some Be a Gm questions?

- I didn't play 15...is the trade/free agency/player movement logic any better than the garbage it was in years past?

- Is the name generator for the draft any better, or will there still be Russian guys named Russell Collins or some nonsense like that?

- Are the new contracts given out realistic at all? In previous games, the salaries were absurdly low most of the time.

Thanks
Well, I just simmed 4 seasons, just to see how it all looks as a whole between progression, name generations, impact of players coming out of draft, stats looking realistic, etc..

It honestly all looks pretty solid as a whole. The stats are very realistic for any given NHL season. Player progression seems to be realistic as it is mostly relative to potential and productiok, but more so potential. The names have lookes really good compared to past years. I have only seen a handful that annoyed me. But, most of them are very realistic to where the player is from.

One thing Ive noticed is the impact of the initial drafts prospects is much greater than the next few drafts. I guess its to be expected given those are real players. But, I have seen a fair share of Elite and Top 6 forwards and Top 4 D's. Dont think I seen any Franchise potential players but those are few and far. Id like to see one trickle out here and there.

The trade logic is the best its been. If you put trading on "Hard" its tough to pry high end players away and future draft picks are no longer as valuable. You feel like you have to offer good assets if you want to get a Top 6 forward or Top 4 D.

Contracts are all 100% perfect in the game. And, the offseasoms have stayed consistent with the market. Some guys seem to go a little cheaper than you'd think. But, iverall its pretty damn good.

Overall, I think the sim aspext to GM mode is superior to any release in quite awhile. And for that reason Im gonna play the hell out of this mode.

Trust me I have my issues with it. Not a fan of the interface, no in game season goal totals when you score (you have to go to box score to see how many goals the guy has), no sxores from around the league, etc. I could go on and on with things Id expect should be in a next gen GM mode. Overall its good enough to have a blast, but Ill be looking for more next year.

Now its time to start a franchise that I will play with the Bruins, looking forward to playoff time in the Garden.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:17 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 16

Anyone else notice the CPU scores with under 5 seconds left in the last period, quite often?? This is getting extremely frustrating. 7 games played, 6 games where the CPU wins it with 5 or less seconds to play.

And it's always the same type of shot...cross crease pass, or side of the net.

I really hope the sliders are what is needed to fix this game. The goals being scored are unreal and plentiful. Another game where the score is 8+ total goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 01:31 AM   #76
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm playing a GM mode right now that I will probably trash and start over once the opening day roster update comes out, but I'm really liking GM mode.

Morale might get repetitive, but I like that they added something to provide a little more depth to the mode.

And I like the intros to the games, they acknowledge the players who are playing well, and where they are among NHL leaders. I was playing a game against the Kings, and they talked about what a great start to the season Kopitar is having, then a graphic came up showing his 5 goals, and indicating that he was leading the league.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-16-2015, 04:11 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfchockey
Has anyone else experienced lag in offline play?
It's so frustrating it makes the game unplayable where the animations seem to be blinking.

I played a game right away with no problems and then started an offline Season Mode. I changed the settings so the game was more real-life and ever since I did that, right from the drop of the puck the game is experiencing bad lag.

I'd appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer

Thanks!
see the BUGS Thread!
Old 09-16-2015, 08:17 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
I loved this hit. I also like how you can turn the player icon off. After playing all these years you already know what player will be controlled when you switch players. It's so much better without that red bubble over your players head!

nice.
is there an option to play with the crowd netting on during gameplay?? or is it only shown in replays
Old 09-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #79
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

These are the tuner notes from 2 days ago. The mystery gameplay update...

SEPT 14 - TUNER

- Fixed issues with puck control when stick handling around the net for both User and AI players.

Since that tuner I see less cpu cheese with the no look, facing the wrong way, tape to tape passes for one time goals.

I played 4 games online vs a friend last night and we played it kind of like serie A hockey, light defense, no pressure, back out after losing possession, etc.

So we each took quite a few clean shots on goal in each game and we scored zero goals. I scored a cross crease one timer and showed him a cpu move of going in and out to the center and he scored off a one timer too.

In our four games it was easy to surmise that goalies are superhuman in online versus. We went to the action tracker post game and discussed the shots. We are holding the aim correctly and the puck tracks on net appropriately, it's just the goalies grab and block everything.

Once again, if you and a friend play online why can't we use sliders, select goalie ability level or agree to play 3-3 the whole game?

And let me put a vote in right now for a patch that adds 3-3 full games. 3-3 is really fun.

We both know this because we went all the way to 3-3 OT and then shootouts for each of the 4 games.

Last edited by BL8001; 09-16-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #80
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjung0831
This is what i've been seeing pretty much every game...every game has been in that 60 shot range. 5 min periods on All Star. Really happy with this game right now.
30 shots a piece in 5 minute periods is troubling for me and those who enjoy to play longer games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »