Home

NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
-Player differentiation is a big problem. I have video that I will post later of Shawn Thornton backing up NHL defensemen with his dangles, and rifling amazing no look passes from the corner to the point.
This is, and has remained, my largest gripe about the series to date.

There are a lot of things I like about the NHL series, but this is one that always leads me to tossing my controller and never turning the game on again.

BL8001, you mentioned the game playing differently without CPU boosts since a day one update.
Do you notice this with the new build?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #82
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Curious to see if anyone has been able to score on the goalies going in on a break-a-way WITHOUT deeking.

Meaning, simply pressing up on the shooting stick.

I asked Ben Ross about it while they had one of those developer streams and he said you can do that this year, but he pulled ALL the way back and scored that way. Just wondering if anyone has been able to score without deeking like I've described because I still have not been able to do it.

Also, the game speed bug/choppiness/slow down fix MUST be fixed. Anything below the default speed results in a completely laggy experience.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Curious to see if anyone has been able to score on the goalies going in on a break-a-way WITHOUT deeking.

Meaning, simply pressing up on the shooting stick.

I asked Ben Ross about it while they had one of those developer streams and he said you can do that this year, but he pulled ALL the way back and scored that way. Just wondering if anyone has been able to score without deeking like I've described because I still have not been able to do it.

Also, the game speed bug/choppiness/slow down fix MUST be fixed. Anything below the default speed results in a completely laggy experience.
I'm trying to find it, but I believe someone posted a video here which showed a goal being scored on a breakaway (might have been PS) where all they did was rifle it.
Sorry for lack of evidence and my ever disintegrating memory (trying to find the vid/post now).
Old 09-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #84
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Offline play is hampered by the stuttering issue at lower-than-default game speed, and online play has just enough input lag to make it aggravating.

EA should have a chat with Psyonix about netcode. Rocket League has virtually zero input lag, and is arguably more graphics-intensive. That alone makes it more fun to play.

Meh. I'll give it week. If EA has nothing to offer in terms of a patch for the stuttering, I'm trading it in.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #85
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm trying to find it, but I believe someone posted a video here which showed a goal being scored on a breakaway (might have been PS) where all they did was rifle it.
Sorry for lack of evidence and my ever disintegrating memory (trying to find the vid/post now).
Let me know when you find it, please! Thanks!

Im looking to see how to score and if it indeed IS possible to score on these goalies without deeking when its 1-1 with the goalie and without pulling all the way back on the sticks. Essentially can you score with a snap shot/quick shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 09:36 AM   #86
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

What does everyone think of the commentary this year? I think when you're pinned or you pin the other team in the zone, hearing Doc's excitement is fantastic. They need to build on this and incorporate it into the whole game if possible because it sounds authentic

Love as well when you score and he says the players' names at the end. So far I've only heard Patrick Kane, Stamkos, Alex Piterangelo(sp?) and Ovechkin.

Has anyone heard any NEW goal calls? They said they are in there, but I've only heard the same o'l ones from last year, including his trademark "SCORE!" when you score with less than a minute to go in the 3rd.

EA said they worked on new goal calls with Doc this year and its tied in with superstar players, so curious to see if anyone has heard any new ones(regular season or playoffs) and if so can post them.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #87
Rookie

mathteacherct's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm only a casual fan of the game. I never picked up 15 because I heard how bad it was. Had fun with 14 on the old system! This year, I have enjoyed the game right out of the box. The default settings give me enough challenge. i usually play Be a Superstar, but have toyed with GM mode.
I have only seen a couple things I'd like fixed. Very little board work. High shots on goal, and scores being just a tad too high.
Other than that I love it. I like the fact that I can't just nail people anymore, I get called for interference or roughing. I like the passing indicator, always had trouble with passing in the past.
As my skill increases I'm sure I'll be using someones sliders to make the game more fun. But I have to say, I'm enjoying it so far!
Old 09-16-2015, 10:27 AM   #88
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
BL8001, you mentioned the game playing differently without CPU boosts since a day one update.
Do you notice this with the new build?

Since that Sept 14 update I have not seen one single deadly no look cpu pass when they are facing the wrong way.

On the flipside, it has lowered the CPU shot totals.

Although to be honest I think it is a combination of me employing collapse defense too.

Now that the CPU isn't cheesing me with those impossible pass to one timer goals I feel like I can move out of the collapse D without paying the price of leaving the crease exposed and my defensive players being on the wrong side of the CPU player (which of course artificially allows easy cpu shooting situations).

I played as the Stars vs Calgary. The stars have stagger D. CPU shot totals went up since I was not clogging the slot as much. But again, no cheese goals.

One thing I have noticed 100% is there is a home and away bias, and I dig it. In my opinion it's much harder to win on the road, even in play now.

Last edited by BL8001; 09-16-2015 at 10:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »