Home

NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-06-2016, 07:19 PM   #441
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I'm having a lot of fun with it but then this happens and completely wears me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, what part are you complaining about? The guy killing the clock or the guy sitting there on the blue line doing zero forecheck?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #442
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yes, I stopped playing this game two months ago, mostly due to the dumb AI behavior at all three positions (forward, defense, goalie), limited defensive controls, not enough motion-captured animations in all phases of the game, wacky puck physics, and poor collision detection between every single limb and object on the ice.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs got me to boot up NHL 16 again this week, and already, I am ready to put this game away again for a long time.

The gameplay can still be fun when you have 4 or more human players on your team to limit (or with a team of 6, entirely eliminate) the AI's shenanigans. But 1 vs. 1 or 1 vs. CPU, this game is just unplayable for me when even a player like Shea Weber with 90+ defensive awareness will ignore the "collapsing" defense setting I've turned on and leave a man wide open in front of the net to come double team a skater that's already being smothered.

The reason Weber went over was because the AI read that the other defenseman (the one you were controlling) was out of the play. So the AI charged over to fill the gap.

Really what they need is a strategy/setting that can affect the defenseman there to cover the pass v. let the shooter skate in
Old 05-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #443
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Or the reason weber went over there is because the ai decided to leave the player in the slot wide open and come over to the less threatening situation for no particular reason with his stick up so the pass could be slotted to the wide open player.

Its typical ea ai programming.

Fifa is rampant with it. Across the board all EA sports games routinely leave the sound defensive assignment to wander off and ball watch, taking themselves out of the play.

I guess this is a cheap way to make the ai more competitive. Nobody who plays ea games seems to like it.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #444
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

Think I'm about done with this game after 5 months and a season played in BAGM. I just fired it up this morning after at least a month away (probably more); typically when I come back to a game after such a long time I find myself wondering why I left at all.

It took a period to realize why I haven't played it, and another period before I couldn't take it anymore and for the sake of sanity (and prevention from destruction of property), I turned it off. May or may not have gotten a soft toss across the room...

Too many issues compounded have led me here. And it totally sucks because there's only last year's edition on PS4, so unless I break out the original XBOX my options are exhausted. I've entertained the idea of buying a PS3 and going back to NHL 11/12... not perfect by any means but gave me a perfect balance of fun, realism, and challenge. But the reason I upgraded to a PS4 and NHL 16 is because my PS3 died after just 2.5 years. My previous PS3 died after 4. And I treat them decently, too. Why sink more time in to an outdated game only to have it wiped out, again?

Very disillusioned right now. I need an NHL fix, but I don't see a way to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »