Home

Any way to CAP from the menu and insert him into Be a Pro?

This is a discussion on Any way to CAP from the menu and insert him into Be a Pro? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any way to CAP from the menu and insert him into Be a Pro?

I remember on the previous titles, you could create a player from the home screen and then have the option to choose a player who was already in the NHL...Can you do this in this game?

TIA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 01:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

Re: Any way to CAP from the menu and insert him into Be a Pro?

It's called Season Mode.

Be a Pro is about building your player through playing...

- Oilers
Old 09-28-2015, 02:49 AM   #3
Rookie

Anyone have an answer to this? And no, it's not Season Mode.

In NHL '15, there were choices in Be-A-Pro mode, something to the tune of the 'classic' BAP where you start from scratch, then a Be-An-Existing-Pro mode or something like that where you could follow the same path but basically skip the draft and all that stuff, so you could chose someone in the AHL, or maybe a rookie or youngster already on the team like Tyler Toffoli or Tanner Pearson, or even a vet like Anze Kopitar. The idea is that you still have certain yearly goals for your player, and assuming you picked a top-tier player, the goals would be something like "Score 50 goals" and "Win the Art Ross Trophy".

I can't seem to find it this year, and am afraid I bought the game to find they removed it. If that's the case I may just return the game tomorrow or try out Franchise mode and see if it's playable for me, as long as there is a player lock option.

I have zero interest in starting a player from scratch and doing the whole minors and draft thing. I also have zero interest in controlling more than one player during a game. I just don't want to put in the time of 1-3 seasons before getting to the NHL.

Ideally, I'd like to control one existing player, with the ability to 'sim to next shift' and start at the preseason of the 2015-16 NHL season.

Otherwise, I'll have to wait till MLB '16 The Show before my next sports title.

Last edited by meetjsquared; 09-28-2015 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:43 AM   #4
Rookie

azy19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjsquared

In NHL '15, there were choices in Be-A-Pro mode, something to the tune of the 'classic' BAP where you start from scratch, then a Be-An-Existing-Pro mode or something like that where you could follow the same path but basically skip the draft and all that stuff, so you could chose someone in the AHL, or maybe a rookie or youngster already on the team like Tyler Toffoli or Tanner Pearson, or even a vet like Anze Kopitar. The idea is that you still have certain yearly goals for your player, and assuming you picked a top-tier player, the goals would be something like "Score 50 goals" and "Win the Art Ross Trophy".

I can't seem to find it this year, and am afraid I bought the game to find they removed it. If that's the case I may just return the game tomorrow or try out Franchise mode and see if it's playable for me, as long as there is a player lock option.

I have zero interest in starting a player from scratch and doing the whole minors and draft thing. I also have zero interest in controlling more than one player during a game. I just don't want to put in the time of 1-3 seasons before getting to the NHL.

Ideally, I'd like to control one existing player, with the ability to 'sim to next shift' and start at the preseason of the 2015-16 NHL season.

You can always choose the option to choose a team and get right into the preseason. You still have to create a pro though and I don't think your ratings will be as high as an elite level player like Kopitar.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azy19
You can always choose the option to choose a team and get right into the preseason. You still have to create a pro though and I don't think your ratings will be as high as an elite level player like Kopitar.

Yeah, I noticed that last night. I don't need to be a 90 OVR or anything, I just want someone that's maybe in the low-mid 80s to start, like a 3rd line forward.

Looks like they scrapped it when they revamped BAP mode. I may just have to try it but I've still read about a few bugs. I'd just hate to go through 1/4 of a season to find out I'm getting sent down even if am top 1-2 on my NHL team in points (happened twice in '15).

My 2nd option of Be-A-GM appears to have a lot of critical (to me) stats still not fixed. I also tried an exhibition game and it does not appear to be possible to player lock, only position lock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjsquared

You must have been playing a legacy version on 360 or PS3 because this was NOT an option in NHL15 on Xbox1 or PS4...

- Oilers
Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaze48
You must have been playing a legacy version on 360 or PS3 because this was NOT an option in NHL15 on Xbox1 or PS4...
Yeah, I believe it was NHL14. I now recall reading these boards last year, and skipping 15 since there were so many omissions.

I guess I'll take a shot at the BAP mode and hope it's not as terrible as in the past in terms of fulfilling goals and getting sent down, etc. It's promising that they revamped it though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »