Home

Waaaaay too many shots on goal

This is a discussion on Waaaaay too many shots on goal within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 01:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Waaaaay too many shots on goal

Hey all,

Loving this game so far, but I'm having one issue...

The computer gets an absurd amount of shots on goal, and I haven't been able to slow them down at all.

I've played NHL since the mid 90s, so in general I know what I'm doing. I bumped down to Pro and am playing 10 minute quarters. I bumped goalie reaction speed up to stop games from being high scoring... but no joke, I'm giving up over 60 shots on goal per game. The computer is RELENTLESS.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 01:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Waaaaay too many shots on goal

I'm loving it, it was always my peeve playing BAP Goalie... I would let in 3 goals which isn't bad normally but the CPU would only get like 7 shots total so it would suck my numbers down.

- Oilers
Old 09-16-2015, 02:12 AM   #3
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I do need to get a lot better on defense, but ya, i'd like to see the cpu less frantic.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:37 AM   #4
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

What level are you playing on ? Im on AS default and find it very realistic and competitive but I have cpu strategy on high so its aggressive when losing and defensive when protecting a lead .

Im also getting stood up on the Blue line so Im forced to dump and chase and puck physics are amazing again
Old 09-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
What level are you playing on ? Im on AS default and find it very realistic and competitive but I have cpu strategy on high so its aggressive when losing and defensive when protecting a lead .

Im also getting stood up on the Blue line so Im forced to dump and chase and puck physics are amazing again
I dropped down to Pro since I was getting massacred on All Star. Every year before this I played on AS or the highest difficulty, too.

Part of my issue is that I'm using true broadcast camera. It's not an easy adjustment but I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #6
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord
I dropped down to Pro since I was getting massacred on All Star. Every year before this I played on AS or the highest difficulty, too.

Part of my issue is that I'm using true broadcast camera. It's not an easy adjustment but I love it.

Well yeah, that's probably your problem. Playing from a such a drastically different angle is probably causing some disorientation.

So it may not be that the CPU shoots too much, but that you are adjusting to something completely different.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Playing the CPU on Pro difficulty is ridiculous. They always manage to come back and their shots are way too accurate. I have Tuukka Rask in nets and he's letting in softies. Is it only me or the CPU A.I really cheese on offense this year? I can outshoot the CPU 17-7 , yet the score is 2-2....
Old 09-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

You may want to go down to 7 or 8 minutes max. I played a ton of Be-A-Pro games last year and started one as a Goalie now this year, and from playing goalie both online and offline, here's my advice.

The number of shots you face depend primarily on how long you play and on the team in front of you. So if you're giving up that many shots, it's due to poor defense or playing too long of periods, or a combination of both. You may want to focus on finding ways to decrease the # of shots you allow. One way is, change the minutes which is the first step. I play on All-Star FYI.

The question I pose to you is, why don't you play 20 minute periods? Probably because it's unrealistic statistically right? Well, maybe 10 is too. I've found 7 or 8 work best.

Hope that helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »