Home

Do Players Feel Different?

This is a discussion on Do Players Feel Different? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #1
Rookie

StrongIsland666's Arena

OVR: 1
Do Players Feel Different?

I've been combing thru this site to see if players with dif attributes actually feel different? I know that last year attributes didnt matter all the players felt the same. Sorry if i missed it in the forum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Do Players Feel Different?

I am waiting to hear more on this also. One poster on the early access thread felt there was a difference, but I would love to hear from more folks.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
Rookie

StrongIsland666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I am waiting to hear more on this also. One poster on the early access thread felt there was a difference, but I would love to hear from more folks.
Yea this is a Huge detail for me, as well as Player Progression issues. If attributes don't make a dif what is the point?
Old 09-16-2015, 11:08 AM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

This is a puzzling one, I write that because of the way the ratings are in the game. Because of the NHLPA news requiring EA to rate the NHL'ers closer together OVR wise it appears on sight like all players are the same.

But when I play I definitely feel like certain players shoot, skate and pass better than others. If I go look at the ratings should I really feel a difference between an 85 rated passer and a 91 rated passer? On the ice I do.

So maybe it's possible that in some way EA circumvented the rating system, particularly that pesky OVR rating, to make the players play differently?

I am still investigating.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

OVR: 0

I still dont think its where it should be for next gen, as far as feel goes with these skaters.

But, it is improved. I went through the whole league and adjusted alot of attributes because I feel EA is clueless when it comes to ratings. So, my roster have a bigger vatiance then the default ones. I also turn "Attribute Effects" sliders to max.

With all that being said, Marchand seems to feel alot quicker and agile than Loui Eriksson. Chara is slow but had a good stick for poke checks and hits very hard. Spooner hads alot more agility than Seidenberg, and so on.

Not what it should be yet, but definitely better in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 11:11 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Shooting accuracy is still the only attribute where I feel any significant difference on the ice.

Even then, you can still score occasional snipe goals with mediocre and bad shooters.

So to answer the OP's question, the players generally don't feel much different to me.

The game still seems to be tuned so that you can be successful while trying to perform any move with any skater.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #7
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

So there is no difference between a Vladimir Tarasenko and a David Backes or even a Steve Ott?

How about a difference between a Crosby and Lapierre...

Heck, even on last gen there was a difference between a Crosby and Malkin in body form and style alone.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #8
Rookie

StrongIsland666's Arena

Appreciate the feedback guys, Honestly I didnt buy Nhl 15 bc of what I read about the game. I'm gonna wait and see about the Player Progression system in BeAGM before I decide if im gonna buy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »