Home

How's your Be A Pro going?

This is a discussion on How's your Be A Pro going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #65
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Be A Pro going?

am still waiting on for first roster update for regular season, and more tuners for goalie mode, but.. other two sliders are solid, now my be a pro superstar: hardcore NHL 16, I was testing a tweak for it, which.. I posted in the page: 2, how is everyone's be a pro experience so far ?, I personally play sniper on the right wing, I keep finding I have to pass to the guy in the slot area, am..
picking up assists like crazy :P , and barely hardly any goals, just had like 2 of them, plus 6 or 9 assist to go with that, that's was with the new tweak so far, I generally use sim to next shift =p , as always
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 03:41 AM   #66
Rookie

Anyone else take a look at their goalie stats? I'm playing as a RW and after 27 games my team's goalie stats are is showing a record of 6-3 for the starter and the back up is 3-0.

What the heck happened to the other 15 games? I did change difficulty recently but I can't remember exactly when so I was curious if that somehow reset their wins and losses.

Come on EA... this is just sloppy.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:43 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuraeero
Has anyone been able to complete the "jump deke" task? Been stuck with this task for about 10 games now. I've done the deke correctly like a hundred times and in various situations, but it just seems that the the game doesn't register the deke att all.
this one is kinda annoying! I think you have to actually jump OVER an opposing player on the ice in order for it to register.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #68
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

did another alteration to my Be A Pro All-Star: Hardcore Goalie Slider NHL 16, am trying my best , I saw something comple days ago with default shooting section, so decided to test it out, am playing a game right now as we speak =p, am leading 3-1
Old 10-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #69
Just started!

I'm a power forward and was drafted by the New Jersey Devils (Round 6, 165). (Simulated Memorial Cup and pre-season games). I have played 9 games with the Albany Devils and got 14 points (5+9). Last game i was promoted to the first line. Might be a call up to NHL around the corner...

One thing that i dont understand is when i look at my player profile, my player is a Franchise player with green (high potential). In 9 games i've gone from a round 6-drafted nobody to a franchise player.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:25 AM   #70
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Is it possible to edit lines? If not how long before they put my player on the power plays? Nothing worse than sitting on the bench power play after power play and not even able to call myself in..

Thanks.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 10-14-2015, 02:38 AM   #71
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Btw, achieving an A on offense is too damn hard. G and two A with good offensive play I might be lucky to get to B+. 8 minute periods, just too hard.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
No matter what I do what team I play for or position or even how good I play my teams seem to give up 6-9 goals each and every game. In all the different teams my overall record is 1-22. The only W was coming back from a 6-3 game with 12 minutes left. It's always on hardcore, goalie settings are stout and all other settings etc. And I only play 10 minute periods too.. Really a bummer the way this is playing. I want to say it was only happening since the last tuner.. but honestly don't know.
Personally, I find any of the default settings horrible. I tried simulation AND hardcore and had a miserable time playing the game on both of them. I ended up playing my BaP on authentic mode PRO level with sliders set to favor human over CPU by quite a bit until I got the hang of things. It quickly became way too easy so I bumped up the slider for making the CPU more difficult to play against and tuned the other sliders down for humans. I didn't see much difference so I bumped it up to All-Star.

My first couple of games didn't feel much different so I evened out all the sliders even more with me only having a slight advantage in checking and shooting accuracy but just barely. I'm still in the CHL and my line seems to be the only line that can score and I'm still managing to score 4-6 goals a game as a team. I put the CPU difficulty slider to the middle setting and now my team plays horrible defense. I keep getting killed with Bad DEF LINE PLAY because my defenders just won't guard the slot at all now. It didn't make the CPU play much better but makes my teammates play dumber on D. I'm still scoring a ton and now so is the CPU. My last 3 games were a 7-4 loss after being ahead 3-1, a 5-4 win and a 5-4 loss in a shootout.

I find it extremely hard to find a good setting for me that feels fair AND realistic without making the rest of my team play dumber. I'm 37 games into the season (27-9-1) and my line has 35,29,and 25 goals each with me having the 25. The next best scorer on my team has 6 goals. Not only is my line just about the only one that can score when I'm not simming, it's also about the only line that gets scored against, meaning all the bad team play falls on me. It's frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »