Home

The Little Things that are missing or just not right

This is a discussion on The Little Things that are missing or just not right within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 11:48 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Little Things that are missing or just not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelang123
Thanks, i was feeling particularly angry a few nights ago. And Im getting sick of the disappointment with this game. I wish I was 11 again so I wouldn't care about things like this.
Kinda sounds like u are 11 with the baby temper tantrum and all. With all that goes into making games now a days there r always going to be problems so just be thankful they can do patches for games. Never had that option back in the 80's and 90's. Although back then games weren't no where near as complex as they r now.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:06 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 1

Gosh, well im really going to sound like an 11 year old here (im 44 lol) so why, after giving us the ability to edit players, did EA really need to remove the Jersey Tuck option?
I know the NHL tried to enforce in 2013, but it was largely ignored/diregarded as the silly ruling it was?
Its a little thing, but.....gosh...

Whats wrong with the arena music (or lack of it?)
No beefy organ, no rousing rock anthems?.....Just a weird silence, with crowds chattering....like the beginning of a school play?

And thats before I start on the bloody sliders...
Old 09-18-2015, 04:29 PM   #11
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15

Not saying your are incorrect about a few things, but I just played a game where I had 6 power plays. Only 6 minute periods with CPU penalty slider all the way up and attribute effects slider at 3. Even had two 5 on 3's.

Gamertag: BMann1976
PSN ID: Introvert1976
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 05:06 PM   #12
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelang123
I wish I was 11 again so I wouldn't care about things like this.
Just wait til you turn 13.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:25 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordiques1995
Good point ! I thought Sakic cut his hand with the snowblower. But anyway you're right. There's so many things they could do with this game. Just can't wait for NHL 21 to have a great hockey video game. I'm almost 40. Don't know how much longer I will be playing video games.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

I think it was a snowblower the more i think about it. Why he is using that? Why is he doing any manual labor?
Old 09-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #14
Banned

Why is it that the CPU AI is so much better than the User team's AI?

The CPU will dump the puck in (albeit after gaining the zone) amd cycle in the corner before looking to get the puck to the point or the slot for a scoring chance, yet when I try to set up a similar play, my CPU teammates are brain dead and float aimlessly.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Why is it that the CPU AI is so much better than the User team's AI?

The CPU will dump the puck in (albeit after gaining the zone) amd cycle in the corner before looking to get the puck to the point or the slot for a scoring chance, yet when I try to set up a similar play, my CPU teammates are brain dead and float aimlessly.
They're not completely aimless. They are very good at making sure they stay where they're totally covered so that you can't possibly make a clean pass to them. Super annoying isn't it? Unfortunately, this AI behavior has plagued the series for years. I'm thinking they just don't care because they're throwing all their dev resources into online and HUT. Us offline players are just screwed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #16
Rookie

Something I feel is really missing is the dirty, scrappy scrumming in NHL hockey that takes place in the corners, against the boards, in front of the net to fight for control of the puck....it just doesnt exist in NHL 16. When players lose control of the offensive puck, they all just B-Line out of the zone to get back on defense....there's no battling or physicality to try and regain possesion. Its like shoot, or turnover, and get back....wtf?

And where is the neutral zone battling?

And what happened to interactive checking and contact?...its like all players are rubbed down in baby oil and slide off of each other....there's no sense of momentum, weight and follow thru contact or impact between players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »