Home

The Little Things that are missing or just not right

This is a discussion on The Little Things that are missing or just not right within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Little Things that are missing or just not right

Theres something about the game that irks me. Heres a list of things.

Commentary - Doc doesnt sound like Doc. He doesnt get excited enough. There are no "levels" of excitement like Rammer said two years ago. This wont change. We had years of Jim Hughson, decent job. We had Gary Thorne, pretty good but ESPN was passe. Now we have the guy we love and it just doesnt match what we hear on TV. What is the problem?

The Puck and The Stick - What is the deal with the magnetic force that the stick is forcing upon the puck. Tape to tape passes all the time. The sliders dont work...THEY DONT WORK. GOT IT.

The Penalties - Why cant teams commit penalties just for the sake of doing it? How about a metric for dumbness? You realize that most hockey players are immature, angry people. I know hockey players, they arent bright people. The junior hockey system produces a lot of losers, it really does. Listen to the majority of these players speak and act. Bernier didnt know Nelson Mandela. Phaneuf is a moron and he thinks his wealth makes him smart, hes dumb. My favorite player Joe Sakic, cut his hand on a miter saw. Why are you cutting anything. My salon has a lot of Red Wings come through, they pay $120 for haircuts. They're dumb, they do dumb things on the ice, the coaches yell at them for being dumb. Put discipline in the game, you can fix the penalty problem easily.

Goalies - Give me more dynamics in my goalie management. I want goalie job battles. I want goalie controversies. Make me manage my goalies like they do in real life. I want them to get hurt, get sick, etc. I want to have to play them and for them to react to that and build momentum or lose confidence.

The Player Celebrations - What is up with the slightly fall back on your heels, hands up, turn 90 degrees, greeting one player in the same exact way, every single time they score. Who saw that celebration in real life? I never saw it. Why cant the player's have more natural reactions. Why cant the play finish out and theres a slight delay in the reaction when the puck goes in. It would allow Doc to.scream and the players to react with better timing.

The Arena Sounds - What made NHL on PS3 so great, was the fun gameplay and the custom sounds. It really was awesome. It felt important. Now, you have, for example, The Detroit Red Wings goal horn is off pitch. The goal song is Hey Hey HockeyTown not the one they have. The goal song is different for every player after they score. They play Dragnet for away penalties. None of this exists, so it feels generic. The crowd doesnt react like a real.crowd, it just doesnt. If it did, it would feel like it. The HockeyTown logo at Center Ice is incorrect.

The Bugs - I change the game to 1 or 2 speed, and the game jitters and is unplayable. Is this PS4 to technical to produce games on? Have we reached a point where the console producers are outpacing the EA game developers to the consumers detriment? $60 bucks is fair because thats what games have been retailing at for a very long time. My parents remind me of the high costs in the 90s. So $60 is fair for a game that works. These games dont work, patching is a crutch of the times, it doesnt enhance the game as much as it restores what should.already be there.

Last edited by acelang123; 09-16-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 02:01 AM   #2
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Little Things that are missing or just not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelang123
How about a metric for dumbness? You realize that most hockey players are immature, angry people. I know hockey players, they arent bright people. The junior hockey system produces a lot of losers, it really does. Listen to the majority of these players speak and act. Bernier didnt know Nelson Mandela. Phaneuf is a moron and he thinks his wealth makes him smart, hes dumb. My favorite player Joe Sakic, cut his hand on a miter saw. Why are you cutting anything. My salon has a lot of Red Wings come through, they pay $120 for haircuts. They're dumb, they do dumb things on the ice, the coaches yell at them for being dumb.
You just broke the Internet.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

That was the best rant I have ever heard in my life.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:47 AM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Hahaha...good stuff.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Hahaha...good stuff.

Thanks, i was feeling particularly angry a few nights ago. And Im getting sick of the disappointment with this game. I wish I was 11 again so I wouldn't care about things like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 07:52 AM   #6
Rookie

LousyJackRanga's Arena

OVR: 0

Started a Stars Gm mode and noticed that Johnny Oduya is completely missing from the roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2015, 08:38 AM   #7
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

I may have missed it but there doesn't seem to be any way to see box scores or schedules of other teams in BaGM.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:05 AM   #8
Rookie

Good point ! I thought Sakic cut his hand with the snowblower. But anyway you're right. There's so many things they could do with this game. Just can't wait for NHL 21 to have a great hockey video game. I'm almost 40. Don't know how much longer I will be playing video games.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »