Home

NHL 17 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Wishlist Thread within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #65
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 Wishlist Thread

I would really really like to have winter classic games and stadium series games available to play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #66
Just started!

using some different announcers durin certain games once in awhile or a guest announcer option or something would be great love the announcers now but a chance maybee to mix it up a little

i do gotta say the changes from nhl 15 to 16 were amazing i gotta say you guys really listend to us and it my favorite game as a matter a fact its all i play period
Old 03-10-2016, 09:03 AM   #67
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Something I thought of last night would be making league transactions more important.

What I mean is: Nothing ever happens in this game. I've simulated the first season three times now, and every time, no one big gets traded, and no one big gets to free agency. The entire process is so boring. I played through the Stanley Cup finals, and I was looking forward to hitting the off season and possibly shaking the Blues roster up. If some big free agents popped up, I might try and get them...but naturally, no one did.

No Stamkos, no Kopitar. Hell, getting my own guys to re-sign was so boring. It would be nice if there was a way to have your pro scouts get you word as to who might be leaving. It would be great it players had personalities, and realized when it was time to potentially cash in. It would be fun to have players demand trades, to have guys like Stamkos say "I want this much for this long, or I'm testing free agency" and more importantly, for that to make news in the game. Even the drafting process is boring. From what I saw, there's no listing of top prospects, literally everyone my scouts looked at was rated at best as an "Bottom 6 AHL" forward, despite being expected to go in the 1st round.

The whole process just feels like it's happening in a vacuum that I just can't be bothered to care about. I have guys hit agency, and they don't mind. I just don't sign them if I want to see what's out there, and then if I don't see anything good, I offer them the contract they wanted and they say "It was an easy choice to re-sign!" and that's that. There's no negotiations, there's no competing against other teams. Just a click, advance a day, see who accepted. It would be great to have a player say he's fielding offers from 4 teams, and you have your pro scouts trying to find out who is trying to nab them. It would be great to see players tell you they want to talk about their contract, say that they want to extend, or even have RFA's to be say they won't talk about it until the summer. Do you keep that 2nd line center for your playoff push, or do you trade them at the deadline to make sure you don't lose them and get nothing?

The whole process is just incredibly stale, and lacks the mystery and fun that makes something like the NHL Trade Deadline something that people around the world stay glued to their phones, TVs and monitors for.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:38 AM   #68
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Also why don't they have the penalty time keepers who open the doors for the players entering the penalty box? That would add to the realism. Maybe seeing players trash talking after a penalty or a little scrap. Maybe even seeing a player in the penalty box smack-talking a fan

Last edited by sportomatic75; 03-11-2016 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:32 AM   #69
Rookie

I don't know is that really true, but I hope that you change physic engine to handle physical quanities with metric system. There is few reasons.

For me biggest reason is for making custom player. Why I need to choose 180, cm if I want to made 181 cm or 182 cm player? Or why I need to choose 94,24 kg weight, if I want just 94 kg. When I fixing rosters this is very annoying thing. Little, but important.

Also metric system made physic engine more accurate.

Also made possible to made smaller that 170 cm players. In Finnish Liiga there is even 166 cm players.

Also menus need little fix. These are better than PS3 era, but sometimes menus doesn't react to my X-button pushing. Sometimes menus feel so heavy.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #70
Rookie

Also daily updated rosters would be cool. I mean, that player stats changes by matches. Also injuries, goals, assist, saves effect to stats. If player injured roster update move player to injured box and player doesn't play in next match.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:36 AM   #71
Rookie

I really enjoy the game, so I have fewer and fewer wishes.

Return of Vision Control (LT for Xbox). The player turning feels a little too robotic at times. By bringing this back, a defensive or offensive player without the puck can simply face the puck, preferable with a skating speed penalty.

Return of GM Connected. I feel that mode would have went over well if the loading/connection issues didn't exist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #72
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero
Return of Vision Control (LT for Xbox). The player turning feels a little too robotic at times. By bringing this back, a defensive or offensive player without the puck can simply face the puck, preferable with a skating speed penalty.
I think this change was one of the most frustrating ones in the game. While the backwards skating can be helpful in the offensive zone, playing defense in your own zone gets difficult, because it's hard to actually face the puck carrier, without constantly having to backup, change directions, and backup again.

It would be nice if there was either a way to double-tap the trigger to face the puck carrier, or something similar that would make it easier to stay facing the play without having to actually move your player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »