Home

EA NHL Information Packet (NHL 16-17)

This is a discussion on EA NHL Information Packet (NHL 16-17) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #9
Rookie

Hoover16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA NHL Information Packet (NHL 16-17)

Fix Be A Pro so it will allow you to change numbers like before. Now you pick one and can't change it, even if it is already taken.

Coach grading for “team play“ tells you that you need to accomplish “win a faceoff“ even if you are a winger or someone who never takes faceoffs. You can never accomplish this task and advance.

Team Play grading in general can never go up, for me at least. Maybe because of the previous issue.

I'm sure it's not possible, but even like NHL 14 I wouldn't mind media questions and the ability to shape your player off ice too.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Player/team differentiation is #1 for me.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #11
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Hey AdamJones. I would add a roster vault to the list of things for them to include.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #12
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

We are live!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/25sxlx...17_Packet.docx
Old 09-21-2015, 02:30 AM   #13
Rookie

azy19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlitz73
To help get rid of some of the "sameness" of players, why not add some skill limits for the more advanced moves? Take deking for example. It's sometimes possible to pull of ridiculous moves with players who in real life would never be able to do such things. Just make it so a player must reach a certain level in a particular skill before they can do certain things. A spin-o-rama deke would require a minimum of 80 in the deke skill for example. Skating and agility skills could also be used to limit certain moves and turning radius at high speeds. Maybe even make dekes into a three tiered system so you need to have a skill of 70 to perform level 1 dekes, 80 to perform level 2, and 90+ to perform level 3 challenging dekes.
If you couple this with some improvements to the defensive skill set then I think we'd really start to see more difference between how players act on the ice and we could do more to stop the lower skilled players from easily weaving through the offensive zone at will.
They already have this implemented in FIFA. For those unfamiliar with that system it's a star rating going from 1 to 5. Every star has a different set of skill moves available to players with it. A player with 3 stars will be able to do all skill moves up to and including the 3 star skill moves. A player with 6 starts will be able to do all skill moves. I think something similar would fit in well in NHL.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #14
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by azy19
They already have this implemented in FIFA. For those unfamiliar with that system it's a star rating going from 1 to 5. Every star has a different set of skill moves available to players with it. A player with 3 stars will be able to do all skill moves up to and including the 3 star skill moves. A player with 6 starts will be able to do all skill moves. I think something similar would fit in well in NHL.
This. This so much.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #15
Rookie

Prometheus_X's Arena

How back bring back the BaGM immersion. Like the presentation on Madden where they talk about your season stats, recent milestones, league leaders or maybe slumping stars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Last year, someone in this community brought up the idea of something like a spectator mode. I think this would go hand-in-hand with their awesome arenas. For an initial release, they can allow you to pick what seat you would like to sit in. They can give you the ability to celebrate with the face buttons or bang on the glass. Also, this could be in 1st person view. Might catch yourself on the jumbo-tron. Again, this can be the initial release with very limited controls. With the idea of you're there to watch a hockey game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »